Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been speaking with Ally at Interco about doing a run of the 42" sticky IROK in a 16" rim. I am starting this thread to see how many people would genuinely purchase these tires if they did a run of 40-60 tires (10-15 people for 4 tires or 8-12 people buying 5 tires). They would consider doing a run of these tires this year IF we get enough serious potential.

Personally I would really love to get these tires in that rim size because I have some very nice Stazworks 16" rims that I use with my current 39.5 IROKS and I don't want to buy new beadlocks :flipoff2:

Please post up and tell your friends to post up if you would actually buy these tires. If you don't already own 16" rims or just want to post up that 17s are more bling then please don't post here. I think I've seen legit interest in this combination in other threads and certainly Interco sees a market for the 15x42 sticky so I hope we can make this happen.

Thank you for your time!

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
What boggles my mind is why someone would spend the money on sticky tires and everything to support them and then try to get a tire made in an uncommon rim size because they are too cheap to just get new rims.

:shaking:

·
Premium Member
4,235 Posts
What boggles my mind is why someone would spend the money on sticky tires and everything to support them and then try to get a tire made in an uncommon rim size because they are too cheap to just get new rims.

:shaking:
Hmmm since a new set of 17" steel wheels cost what, $300? I'd agree, upgrade the fawking wheels.

·
Premium Member
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Under your highly educated theory why does Interco make a sticky in a 15" rim?

I asked that complainers and idiots like you guys not post in this thread so please troll elsewhere. I talked to John at Stazworks and a set of 17s would be $400 each plus shipping. Any decent AL DOUBLE beadlock would be just as pricey.

So I'll ask it this way, If Interco is willing to make a 16" rim Sticky and I can save $2000 dollars by them doing that (5x$400 plus shipping) then why wouldn't I ask the question.

16" rims are on millions of the tow rigs that we all drive from Ford, Chevy and Dodge so its only an odd ball rim if your a retard :flipoff2:

·
Registered
327 Posts
I am not interested in that size combination but my two cent thinks this thread is heading for the shit house already! LOL JJ

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
I am not interested in that size combination but my two cent thinks this thread is heading for the shit house already! LOL JJ
Aren't they all headed that way anymore??

Back to the point..I would consider buying a set. I also am running 16 inch wheels that have to be custom made, so a set of 16 inch stickies would save me from having to buy wheels and tires. However, I would prefer to stay with the 39.5s.....

·
Premium Member
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Killerpee, thanks for getting back on track. Most threads say the 42" sticky measures out around 40.5" to 41" at typical pressures of 5-10PSI so it may not be hard to run with your current config.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have some superduty axles that I plan on putting under my Zuk eventually and I scored some stock aluminum wheels (16x8's) for $100 dollers, so yeah I am intrested in more sizes, compounds, and tread patterns. Call me a cheap bastard but why would I want to spend $200 extra for an extra inch (of steel at that) on my wheels. Some may say "what's an extra $200 with what we do". I'll tell ya. It's $200 and some of us work for the money

1 - 12 of 12 Posts