Pirate 4x4 banner

4561 - 4580 of 8881 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Crew cab 4x4 Wanted

Looking for a Crew cab, 4x4, prefer diesel and manual trans, but open to ideas. Truck must have a GVWR above 20k (F550, international 1700, etc.). Looking for vehicles to early 2000s, but earlier is probably better. Must be a clean, drivable vehicle. No projects. Cash deal, looking to spend up to $25k for the right low mileage vehicle. Send emails to [email protected] with pics, specs and price. Thanks

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Looking for a Crew cab, 4x4, prefer diesel and manual trans, but open to ideas. Truck must have a GVWR above 20k (F550, international 1700, etc.). Looking for vehicles to early 2000s, but earlier is probably better. Must be a clean, drivable vehicle. No projects. Cash deal, looking to spend up to $25k for the right low mileage vehicle. Send emails to [email protected] with pics, specs and price. Thanks
Have you even tried just checking out the last couple pages where a dozen trucks like that have been posted? This isn't like a buy/sell board.

·
Registered
103 Posts
It looked like a "Interesting trucks for sale" thread and others have posted "wanted" in the thread. I guess only the newb gets the bitching comment.

Obviously I looked before I posted. Don't seem to remember seeing any diesel, crew cab 4x4s in that weight category. There was a Forest Truck, dont know if it's 4x4 or even for sale (4415) and the IH 1700 gasser (4376) that is currently on eBay. Other than that, none that meet the criteria that I posted....

Thanks for the support!

S/Fi

·
Registered
299 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
What's the story on the rear axles?
It was originally a single 2-speed axle, at some point someone welded on an identical axle, but it's not driven (or equalized). The rear tires look really low profile to me but they were 9.00x20's just like the others. Seems hacky but it was used to haul bulldozers for decades, so it must have worked.

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/ctd/5205117523.html[
Someone needs this!
Custom Classic Here A 1989 Ford F800 With A Big Ass Ford Diesel And A Bad Ass Eaton 10 Speed With A/C , Air Brakes This Truck Has A Sleeper And The Tires Are Like New Please Call Us AT 623-869-0565 This Truck Is Ready To Haul Anything!!! THIS IS MAD MAX !!!
ATTACH]1901818[/ATTACH]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Will post pics, when i get into better service.
1948 Diamond t Isuzu 4BD1T project

1948 Diamond T/Isuzu NPR

fuel: diesel
title status: clean
transmission: manual

Too many projects. I have a 1948 Model 306 Diamond T truck. pretty straight body for the year. Engine stuck. Was a single rear wheel flatbed. I have a great running 1990 Isuzu NPR truck with the 4BD1T 4 cylinder diesel and a 5 speed manual transmission I was going to set the Diamond T on the Isuzu chassis. The Isuzu has new pistons and liners bearings checked out OK. If you are not familiar with the 4BD1T Diesels they are a direct injected sleeved industrial engine most folks in the know prefer them over the Cummins 4BT as they are a lot less vibration engine. In 1991 or 92 Isuzu went to a indirect injected engine (4BD2T) and in the indirect injection engines had some issue with the heads. This is the bullet proof 4BD1T. I drove the Isuzu on a 200 mile trip and with 16" rear tires got 27 MPG. I have put 19.5's on the rear but will include the original 16 inch wheels. With the 19.5's on the rear the NPR will run close to 70 MPH on the governor. Have a cable 5 speed Neon shifter and an extra 5 speed transmission included.
Only reason I am selling is I have several other trucks I want to build and you can't keep them all. I can text pictures. Price is firm don't have to sell $5000.00 is what I have in the 2 trucks. Don't need help selling. CASH ONLY PLEASE.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Will post pics, when i get into better service.
1948 Diamond t Isuzu 4BD1T project

1948 Diamond T/Isuzu NPR

fuel: diesel
title status: clean
transmission: manual

Too many projects. I have a 1948 Model 306 Diamond T truck. pretty straight body for the year. Engine stuck. Was a single rear wheel flatbed. I have a great running 1990 Isuzu NPR truck with the 4BD1T 4 cylinder diesel and a 5 speed manual transmission I was going to set the Diamond T on the Isuzu chassis. The Isuzu has new pistons and liners bearings checked out OK. If you are not familiar with the 4BD1T Diesels they are a direct injected sleeved industrial engine most folks in the know prefer them over the Cummins 4BT as they are a lot less vibration engine. In 1991 or 92 Isuzu went to a indirect injected engine (4BD2T) and in the indirect injection engines had some issue with the heads. This is the bullet proof 4BD1T. I drove the Isuzu on a 200 mile trip and with 16" rear tires got 27 MPG. I have put 19.5's on the rear but will include the original 16 inch wheels. With the 19.5's on the rear the NPR will run close to 70 MPH on the governor. Have a cable 5 speed Neon shifter and an extra 5 speed transmission included.
Only reason I am selling is I have several other trucks I want to build and you can't keep them all. I can text pictures. Price is firm don't have to sell $5000.00 is what I have in the 2 trucks. Don't need help selling. CASH ONLY PLEASE.
That's a good deal and the Diamond T body looks pretty good.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Uh, can someone talk me down?

1974 Ford C800 Dump Truck

I'm thinking of jumping.

1974 Ford C800 Dump Truck. Originally a road tractor, was converted to a 10' PTO driven dump. 361 gas motor with 4 barrel carb runs and sounds good, 5-speed tranny with 2 speed rear end, air brakes work, dump works great and the bed is solid. Good tires. The cab is a little rough with some rust, but overall is solid.

·
thhhpptthh!
46,933 Posts
4561 - 4580 of 8881 Posts