Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to do a cab swap because mine is all fucked up. Here in the salt belt, yeah there are not a lot of options minus buying a new truck. Mine is a 99 ex cab V6. So it, for the most part, has the same inside as the alter Tacomas.

I found a good shape 97 cab down in Pennsylvania. I went and looked at it, realized 97's had a different interior. Different enough I was not sure that beneath the surface my present Tacoma's guts would bolt in.

Does anyone know of any cases where someone put a newer (98-04) interior would bold in a 95-97 cab? Or if they are at least swappable?

THanks-Kyle

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yeah I dug around for pictures of gutted interiors. It seems its is all the same on the side and center dash area (as far as I can see). Excluding that round tube that it all attaches to. But thats removable. So it seems as long as you swap the tube, everything will be pretty much fine. Maybe I'll offer the guy 1000 for it. I'm partial looking for one the same color as my green one to prevent me from having to repaint. But I also dont want to pay 2000 to have one shipped.

Thanks for the info, if anyone else has anything to add (like gutted interior photos!), feel free.

This first is from a 97:

These three are from two different 01-04's:

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool, thanks Scuba. Looks like what I'd expect.

Check car-part.com There should be a lot of cabs out there for less money
Car part is great, but I dont know about for cabs. Got a great deal on a 80 axle there. But I checked a cab out 70 miles away in 'A Grade' condition. I got there, the cab was fucked, like bad. Not saying there aren't good donors, you just got to be careful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts