Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have an international 7600 in the shop with wiring issues, the f6-a circuit for the blower motor gets extremely hot and will eventually trip. There is no chaffing in the wiring that we can see, we replaced the blower motor the resistor checked out fine,
I'm hoping someone here has more experience with these trucks and can lead me down the right path

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
No experience with that truck, but i would trace the ground side of the circuit. Make sure the motor or hvac box is grounded and the rest of the trucks ground straps r good. The blowers are fairly high amprage and a bad ground will increase the resistance causing the issues u r having.

·
Registered
28,921 Posts
no first hand knowledge of a 7600, but I assume international was using the same shitty connectors as my 1600.

check under the dash in the middle for a connector that goes to the blower motor. Every one I've seen is burnt and nasty. I replaced the terminals in mine and all sorts of HVAC shit was fixed, including my air conditioning. They ran the blower, AC clutch and a whole bunch of other shi ton the same circuit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts