Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The bill to legalize ownership of suppressors in Iowa passed the vote in the house today 83-16. I hope it goes as well in the Senate. The bill was introduced last year as a full nfa legalization bill and it didn't go anywhere. This is a good start. I hope the stand your ground bill does this well

Hope it passes, so I can get an osprey in 45 ordered and begin the wait.

·
Registered
14,282 Posts
The bill to legalize ownership of suppressors in Iowa passed the vote in the house today 83-16. I hope it goes as well in the Senate. The bill was introduced last year as a full nfa legalization bill and it didn't go anywhere. This is a good start. I hope the stand your ground bill does this well

Hope it passes, so I can get an osprey in 45 ordered and begin the wait.

Good Luck Iowa!

The best thing that could happen is for them to become more mainstream.

[sarcasm]I wonder if the ATF will add another couple of examiners to handle the additional load of another state. [/sarcasm]

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rumor is the Senate lead a dem. Won't bring it to vote. Bullshit because it would of passed.

·
Registered
5,383 Posts
Wait, so this would make it legal to own a suppressor as an NFA item, correct?
As in, right now you can't own a suppressor in Iowa even with a tax stamp?

Or is this a small firearms freedom act wherin they're saying you don't need an NFA stamp to buy a suppressor in Iowa?

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jam Master Jay:24378145 said:
Wait, so this would make it legal to own a suppressor as an NFA item, correct?
As in, right now you can't own a suppressor in Iowa even with a tax stamp?

Or is this a small firearms freedom act wherin they're saying you don't need an NFA stamp to buy a suppressor in Iowa?
No private citizens can own class 3 stuff in IA currently only manufacturers and gov. This bill would legalize suppressors only.

·
Registered
8,215 Posts
Rumor is the Senate lead a dem. Won't bring it to vote. Bullshit because it would of passed.
I'm not sure I understand why .gov is set up this way. What is bad about any rep. being able to brig something forward for a vote?

I'll rephrase, what was the original reasoning behind setting it up where the Senate leader gets to choose what gets voted on?

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The new omnibus bill passed the house and is going to the senate. Its going to be tough, the bill has suppressor legalization, decriminalizes handgun use for kids under 14, and stand your ground

·
Registered
26,689 Posts
No private citizens can own class 3 stuff in IA currently only manufacturers and gov.
Damn that state sucks.

It sucks so bad that I have to reset my work phone after driving through it to get it to communicate with the work email server.

Best of luck to you guys, but at the same time fuck your state. :laughing: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Look at where we are heading now!

Go get' em Iowa. Other states must be watching. Seems to be lot of support in MN.
I talked to my rep today and he said it will pass the house, but has doubt about it making it through the Senate.

Even if it makes it to Daytons desk, he will veto it.

·
F.I.B.
4,411 Posts
They're pushing similar suppressor bills through IL right now. This would be awesome the get through. As is we are prohibited from any NFA items except SBR's but you can only have an SBR if you have your C&R FFL. It's a backwards law for sure.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
1 - 20 of 44 Posts