Registered
4,658 Posts

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
I'm sorry I'm an asshole.
No I'm not.
Maybe I am.
You realize how much easily accessed information you're missing out on trying to be a badass?

·
Registered
11,202 Posts
You realize how much easily accessed information you're missing out on trying to be a badass?
Ehh, if it's important I'll hear about it elsewhere.

I'm just grumpy because google keeps wanting my "real name" and to link all my various accounts together. Social media bandwagon BS.

·
Registered
8,215 Posts
Because I know absolutely no idea on this, so please pardon my ignorance...

Say you legally own a suppressor.
Say you legally own a rifle.
Say you cut the barrel, and permanently affix the suppressor to the barrel so that the combined OAL length of both barrel and suppressor is >= 16.1".

Is this considered legal, or only legal as a SBR, or not legal at all?

·
Registered
6,110 Posts

Say you cut the barrel, and permanently affix the suppressor to the barrel so that the combined OAL length of both barrel and suppressor is >= 16.1".

Depends on which state you're talking about. It would be illegal in IA.

In CO you're fine as long as you have the suppressor stamp.

·
Registered
8,215 Posts
Depends on which state you're talking about. It would be illegal in IA.

In CO you're fine as long as you have the suppressor stamp.
The bit in my post about "legally own" implies you live in a location that allows for the legal ownership, and have furthermore successfully complied with, and completed, all procedures, requirements, and criteria for legal ownership of said suppressor. :flipoff2:

I sure as shit hope MN passes.

·
Registered
11,202 Posts

barrel extensions are completely legal. Some barrels even have a shroud that goes around the suppressor so that it is still removable.

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
The bit in my post about "legally own" implies you live in a location that allows for the legal ownership, and have furthermore successfully complied with, and completed, all procedures, requirements, and criteria for legal ownership of said suppressor. :flipoff2:

I sure as shit hope MN passes.
Then the answer is it's legal (but it's just not considered an SBR). :p

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
Any more updates, I saw this a wrote my house and senate reps where my farm is up there. I hope to return and live there again one day, would be nice to bring my cans and SBRs with me.

·
Registered
13,965 Posts
You guys need to run a commercial about all the damage them wild hogs do to crops and how fighting them with suppressed weapons is the only way to save their profits. Stick that in with the monsanto ads during the news.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Ammended bill, with what appears to be verbiage/grammatical corrections, was sent back to house. House voted 78-21 in favor of the bill with the Senate ammendment.

Brandstad says he will likely support the bills but is going to reserve judgement until he gets a chance to review them in detail.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts