Pirate 4x4 banner

81 - 100 of 127 Posts

·
Change is good.
35,188 Posts
Over 1000 members now and lots of people from the old days.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
i refuse to have a paypal account after some paypal raping.....

i had to get a paypal account because i couldn't wait any longer to send you guys money.

so thank you and fuk ewe at the same time....but mostly thank you.

did i mention thank you?

·
Random Dude
908 Posts
i refuse to have a paypal account after some paypal raping.....

i had to get a paypal account because i couldn't wait any longer to send you guys money.

so thank you and fuk ewe at the same time....but mostly thank you.

did i mention thank you?
They expect to have Google Pay setup soon, if that helps you any.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Signing up now, thanks for the alternative since I can't even seem to get into my old account here now - but I gotta say I am already irate at the password policy on i-rate - I guess thats i-rony...

On to my third attempt to create one with all kinds of characters that the site will actually accept - which means I'll never be able to remember it.

- Steve

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
I'm moved over! Knew I had to go somwwhere else when I found out my cell phone no longer brought up Pirate.
Thanks for the new insaneasylum. Will pay my membership after I get home on my normal computer.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I'm going to start a new board where passwords are only 5 characters, no specials needed. It's only for shit chat, so I'll call it ShitChat4x4.com. I will make it extremely unresponsive on phones, too. You should have to use a computer to use most things on the internet, so fuck your phone. If you want to use your phone to communicate then just call them. Leave the web wheeling up to the rest of us.

There's no compelling reason to move to some other site that would soon monetize your being there. Oh wait, I mean it's all for charity, I'm sure. All the Google Adwords stuff is already set up on that other site, so one day you'll just start seeing ads. Maybe there will be enough people for actual sponsors to pay for ads and bullshit "Tech" articles eventually. If all you want is to bullshit with web wheelers I don't know why you'd move somewhere else. Especially since you should already have uBlock Origin installed.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Signing up now, thanks for the alternative since I can't even seem to get into my old account here now - but I gotta say I am already irate at the password policy on i-rate - I guess thats i-rony...

On to my third attempt to create one with all kinds of characters that the site will actually accept - which means I'll never be able to remember it.

- Steve
Since you seem slow on the password problems I am going to help you out. Make a simple easy for you to remember sentence. As long as you have the ability to punctuate like a 5th grader you should be good to go. I don’t have those problems so I don’t know if you have to eliminate the spaces or not. But it will give you a capital letter and a punctuation mark. So you just may have to include a number in it.
Like this. Fuckthemoosemolesters2020!

:filpoff2:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
29,441 Posts
I'm going to start a new board where passwords are only 5 characters, no specials needed. It's only for shit chat, so I'll call it ShitChat4x4.com. I will make it extremely unresponsive on phones, too. You should have to use a computer to use most things on the internet, so fuck your phone. If you want to use your phone to communicate then just call them. Leave the web wheeling up to the rest of us.

There's no compelling reason to move to some other site that would soon monetize your being there. Oh wait, I mean it's all for charity, I'm sure. All the Google Adwords stuff is already set up on that other site, so one day you'll just start seeing ads. Maybe there will be enough people for actual sponsors to pay for ads and bullshit "Tech" articles eventually. If all you want is to bullshit with web wheelers I don't know why you'd move somewhere else. Especially since you should already have uBlock Origin installed.
I don't disagree with this sentiment at all. of course, i'm signed up over there as well. i don't get the whole scorched earth thing for the most part. give it a week, if this UI is still unbearable, then have at it. hours within launch? I'm not buying it 😆

the membership goes both ways, on the one hand, yeah it sucks to put things behind paywalls, on the other, it is a great way to keep people coming back. if you pay for it, you are going to want to get some value out of it.

the most confusing thing to me about irate is that the vendors are still $200/year and a couple people have already scooped it up :confused: even adding 1k members in the first few days and such, i have a reaaaallly hard time seeing the value. eventually? sure. right meow? 🤷

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I think many of the people that up and bailed were unwilling to wait for the new UI to get fixed. As they have been waiting for VS to fix it on many other forums.

·
Premium Member
29,441 Posts
I think many of the people that up and bailed were unwilling to wait for the new UI to get fixed. As they have been waiting for VS to fix it on many other forums.

i can see that. just enough to push some people off the edge. it's comical the people coming out of the woodwork to post "hey i'm leaving and you should too" and then they get there and say "yay i'm here!"...it's turned into some sort of trendy/catchy thing.

I hope it works out, just seems odd. it is kind of funny though that the update here fixed some of the more major issues, such as posting images, private message limits, speed, paying $20/year, accessibility and didn't destroy the linkbacks or lose the tech. while the complaints are post/page settings, :rasta: custom emoji loss, no thread deleting aren't as bad.

the biggest shitbox part of it, the complaints are 100% fixable :lmao: the stupid fucks just won't fix them. hopefully irate doesn't get too overwhelmed by "good ideas" and turned into mash soup too early on

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
i can see that. just enough to push some people off the edge. it's comical the people coming out of the woodwork to post "hey i'm leaving and you should too" and then they get there and say "yay i'm here!"...it's turned into some sort of trendy/catchy thing.

I hope it works out, just seems odd. it is kind of funny though that the update here fixed some of the more major issues, such as posting images, private message limits, speed, paying $20/year, accessibility and didn't destroy the linkbacks or lose the tech. while the complaints are post/page settings, :rasta: custom emoji loss, no thread deleting aren't as bad.

the biggest shitbox part of it, the complaints are 100% fixable :lmao: the stupid fucks just won't fix them. hopefully irate doesn't get too overwhelmed by "good ideas" and turned into mash soup too early on
Pretty much spot on. irate seems to work better on my phone the pirate does as far as desktop versions go. Pirate sucks so bad on a phone that I cant use the desktop or mobile version. I have to use tapatalk to make pirate work halfway decent on a phone vs. irate works like it should. I will still check out this place daily for sure. But I am also going to try and help build irate. Maybe even actually contribute some “tech”. Who am I kidding I will live in shitshat and ask “what lift I should put on my rig to clear 33” tires and how do I make a 22re have more power. 😆 :flipoff2:

·
Hophead
77,610 Posts
Pretty much spot on. irate seems to work better on my phone the pirate does as far as desktop versions go. Pirate sucks so bad on a phone that I cant use the desktop or mobile version. I have to use tapatalk to make pirate work halfway decent on a phone vs. irate works like it should. I will still check out this place daily for sure. But I am also going to try and help build irate. Maybe even actually contribute some “tech”. Who am I kidding I will live in shitshat and ask “what lift I should put on my rig to clear 33” tires and how do I make a 22re have more power. 😆 :flipoff2:

the new software still doesn't work on your phone? I was actually impressed last night trying Pirate on the phone, thought it was much better

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
41,538 Posts
the new software still doesn't work on your phone? I was actually impressed last night trying Pirate on the phone, thought it was much better
It took me a couple of days to get used to it but it is fast. Loading pictures is a breeze. The other new page is a lot slower for posting. I don’t know if it’s a software thing or the fact that I’m trying to learn to different pages at the same time and getting confused but this one seems faster to me

·
Premium Member
29,441 Posts
It took me a couple of days to get used to it but it is fast. Loading pictures is a breeze. The other new page is a lot slower for posting. I don’t know if it’s a software thing or the fact that I’m trying to learn to different pages at the same time and getting confused but this one seems faster to me
not you, this site is faster than the other one. i use a 10 year old computer, the craziest thing is that PBB has actually improved in terms of speed. everything else on the internet gets bogged down every time it gets upgraded.

if the cocsuckers in charge of this place would have carried over the emojis, rather than just sayin "oh, we'll see about that....." early on and NOT implemented the no delete and limited edit tyranny, this would have gone better 😆

but, asking a tyrant to not be a tyrant never works out.

·
Hophead
77,610 Posts
if the cocsuckers in charge of this place would have carried over the emojis, rather than just sayin "oh, we'll see about that....." early on and NOT implemented the no delete and limited edit tyranny, this would have gone better 😆

but, asking a tyrant to not be a tyrant never works out.
Agreed, those are the only drawbacks I've seen

Funny thing is, another forum I occasionally visit is this same software. I never knew about dark mode until this place changed LOL. I changed that one real quick

·
Registered
90 Posts
Is it possible to make irate4x4 compatible on Tapatalk? That’s the only platform I use for forums anymore.

·
Registered
11,677 Posts
Aside from all the whiny
Funny thing is, another forum I occasionally visit is this same software. I never knew about dark mode until this place changed LOL. I changed that one real quick
Same here. I actually prefer the new software. Works properly on my phone - the old site you either had their horrible mobile site or the desktop site that you had to scroll back and forth all the time. Tapa talk is a remnant of the past - might as well ask where the RSS feed is (although I guess that some still cling to that mess)

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
41,538 Posts
Is it possible to make irate4x4 compatible on Tapatalk? That’s the only platform I use for forums anymore.

I’m no expert on Internet forums but I play one. The best way to get an answer about a forum is to post the question on that forum. :homer:

81 - 100 of 127 Posts