Pirate 4x4 banner

101 - 120 of 127 Posts

·
Hophead
77,607 Posts
:nuke:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
we already knew you were the most retarded person any of us ever knew, you really don't need to prove the point further

Just leave Greg, no one cares

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Since this I was OP …. I’ll touch on a few of these before I close out this account.

I spent about a year and half trying to buy PBB. All I get was an endless loop of people to call. It felt purposeful and none had the balls to say no, they finally sent an answer in an email. When that didn’t work, I inquired about one of the dev positions they had open hoping I could give this place some love. Nothing …. So Fuck‘em I’ll bring the old PBB back elsewhere.

attempted to register yesterday. waited a couple hours and when no "registration confirmation" email came through I tried the "contact us". still nothing as of this morning (not in spam either).

I'd like to jump ship but I guess they don't want me over there? :crybaby2:
Hold back those tears buddy, you’re more than welcome. There had 2 email issues right after opening the doors. Since it was on a fresh ip and server when it started blowing mail out from registrations and post notifications it tripped all sorts of spam filters. Server itself blocked the outgoing mail from that account and after that was fixed Yahoo got their panties in a bunch for the same reason. Which is now resolved. So you @aol.com people probably only got those emails this morning when they were released. Growing pains.

i refuse to have a paypal account after some paypal raping.....
I despise them as well but its because they are tied to eBay and they like to hold your $ for 20 days if you don’t use them frequently enough…. I feel like it’s a BS way to gain interest.

Anyway, I was Extremely disappointed when setting up VB that they can’t do reoccurring payments with auth.net which I’ve had an account with for years. It was misleading and it turns out only Paypal and Google Pay are set up like that. It’s important to me that it goes through the software so it’s instant. No waiting forever for your start or having to email and hope you get a reply. It’s instant and it works. So….. the application is in for the site to take Google pay. Not crazy about them either buy it’s another option.

There's no compelling reason to move to some other site that would soon monetize your being there. Oh wait, I mean it's all for charity, I'm sure. All the Google Adwords stuff is already set up on that other site, so one day you'll just start seeing ads. Maybe there will be enough people for actual sponsors to pay for ads and bullshit "Tech" articles eventually. If all you want is to bullshit with web wheelers I don't know why you'd move somewhere else. Especially since you should already have uBlock Origin installed.
Nice work Sherlock you found some Google ad stuff in the code, did you bother to read what it was for? I’ve never hidden that there will be ads there, in fact it’s a big part to bring builds and tech stuff back. Maybe get that moose cock out of your mouth and you’d see the whole picture.
((This is normally where I’d put a emoji with a shit eat’n grin flipping you off but ….. yea.))

the membership goes both ways, on the one hand, yeah it sucks to put things behind paywalls, on the other, it is a great way to keep people coming back. if you pay for it, you are going to want to get some value out of it.

the most confusing thing to me about irate is that the vendors are still $200/year and a couple people have already scooped it up :confused: even adding 1k members in the first few days and such, i have a reaaaallly hard time seeing the value. eventually? sure. right meow? 🤷

I’m not sure $20/yr is enough to make people come back, but maybe. Memberships go a lot of ways, extra features you don’t want the public having, keeps people out of giveaways who would join just for those and lets not forget keeping private forums private. Kind of a biggie.

After calling some OG vendors and messaging with some newer ones there are a lot of reasons being a PBB vendor wasn’t worth it. I’m fixing that, and it's been well received.

Oh and it’s $250/yr for vendors just like it was here ((shit eat’n grin flipping off emoji here))

I think many of the people that up and bailed were unwilling to wait for the new UI to get fixed. As they have been waiting for VS to fix it on many other forums.
What are they going to ‘fix’?!? You're creating your own urban myth. Look at all their sites, the ruin (oops run) with the same platform everywhere. They are not about user experience and they are not about the vendors experience. They are about capitalizing on our past fun and enjoyment. They need minimal activity on sites to really keep them relevant in the SERPs eyes.

Step outside of your world for a second and think of a hobby or sport or something you rarely think about and look for a forum on it. There is a damn good chance VS has bought it and it looks like PBB or JKO etc. NOTHING is done for that group … it’s all for VS.

While I've been planning it for some time I put irate4x4.com together in a little over two weeks. By myself. VS has a Team of developers to do this stuff and with as many times as they've done this a healthy stack of scripts to 90% of the work as side from customizations. Have you seen them come back to the other sites they's screwed up and recover what they say they were? NO, crickets hopped off to the next victim already.

Now .... I could see what I just said being called overreacting if this only happened to PBB … but it’s hasn’t. There are literally thousands of sites in their portfolio….. We’re just the latest forced to fall in line.

No community this happens to is happy. None of them in lawsuits.
Here is some light reading for you: VS acquisition of Kboards: aka The dumpsterfire at Kboards ... long read including comments but good to know who your dealing with
irate people like this all over the web. VS just sucks balls .... Dont be Evil

Is it possible to make irate4x4 compatible on Tapatalk? That’s the only platform I use for forums anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No because of that annoying sig on all your posts. ((you know what here))

I have dedicated Android and iOS apps I’m trying to get push live in the stores. I’ve been working on all this for a few weeks and needed a bit more time to finish everything …. Very Soon!

I love all the people....no Tech.
No Land Use forum either.
Aye BeBe … We love you too. The tech is slowing rolling in, enough to keep you reading ..

Land use forum is there. It’s important and was never not going to be a presence on the site. We, the community, simply needed to have a discussion about how we wanted to move forward with that kind of stuff. What I really hoped to see come out of that discussion, what I was planning to implement, was not the popular idea. So guess what, it’s not going to happen. Because that’s what you do when you run a site like these, you listen to the users....

let me know how that works out for you all ......

Peace out. (( ))

·
Registered
29 Posts
Since this I was OP …. I’ll touch on a few of these before I close out this account.

I spent about a year and half trying to buy PBB. All I get was an endless loop of people to call. It felt purposeful and none had the balls to say no, they finally sent an answer in an email. When that didn’t work, I inquired about one of the dev positions they had open hoping I could give this place some love. Nothing …. So Fuck‘em I’ll bring the old PBB back elsewhere.

Hold back those tears buddy, you’re more than welcome. There had 2 email issues right after opening the doors. Since it was on a fresh ip and server when it started blowing mail out from registrations and post notifications it tripped all sorts of spam filters. Server itself blocked the outgoing mail from that account and after that was fixed Yahoo got their panties in a bunch for the same reason. Which is now resolved. So you @aol.com people probably only got those emails this morning when they were released. Growing pains.

I despise them as well but its because they are tied to eBay and they like to hold your $ for 20 days if you don’t use them frequently enough…. I feel like it’s a BS way to gain interest.

Anyway, I was Extremely disappointed when setting up VB that they can’t do reoccurring payments with auth.net which I’ve had an account with for years. It was misleading and it turns out only Paypal and Google Pay are set up like that. It’s important to me that it goes through the software so it’s instant. No waiting forever for your start or having to email and hope you get a reply. It’s instant and it works. So….. the application is in for the site to take Google pay. Not crazy about them either buy it’s another option.

Nice work Sherlock you found some Google ad stuff in the code, did you bother to read what it was for? I’ve never hidden that there will be ads there, in fact it’s a big part to bring builds and tech stuff back. Maybe get that moose cock out of your mouth and you’d see the whole picture.
((This is normally where I’d put a emoji with a shit eat’n grin flipping you off but ….. yea.))

I’m not sure $20/yr is enough to make people come back, but maybe. Memberships go a lot of ways, extra features you don’t want the public having, keeps people out of giveaways who would join just for those and lets not forget keeping private forums private. Kind of a biggie.

After calling some OG vendors and messaging with some newer ones there are a lot of reasons being a PBB vendor wasn’t worth it. I’m fixing that, and it's been well received.

Oh and it’s $250/yr for vendors just like it was here ((shit eat’n grin flipping off emoji here))

What are they going to ‘fix’?!? You're creating your own urban myth. Look at all their sites, the ruin (oops run) with the same platform everywhere. They are not about user experience and they are not about the vendors experience. They are about capitalizing on our past fun and enjoyment. They need minimal activity on sites to really keep them relevant in the SERPs eyes.

Step outside of your world for a second and think of a hobby or sport or something you rarely think about and look for a forum on it. There is a damn good chance VS has bought it and it looks like PBB or JKO etc. NOTHING is done for that group … it’s all for VS.

While I've been planning it for some time I put irate4x4.com together in a little over two weeks. By myself. VS has a Team of developers to do this stuff and with as many times as they've done this a healthy stack of scripts to 90% of the work as side from customizations. Have you seen them come back to the other sites they's screwed up and recover what they say they were? NO, crickets hopped off to the next victim already.

Now .... I could see what I just said being called overreacting if this only happened to PBB … but it’s hasn’t. There are literally thousands of sites in their portfolio….. We’re just the latest forced to fall in line.

No community this happens to is happy. None of them in lawsuits.
Here is some light reading for you: VS acquisition of Kboards: aka The dumpsterfire at Kboards ... long read including comments but good to know who your dealing with
irate people like this all over the web. VS just sucks balls .... Dont be Evil

No because of that annoying sig on all your posts. ((you know what here))

I have dedicated Android and iOS apps I’m trying to get push live in the stores. I’ve been working on all this for a few weeks and needed a bit more time to finish everything …. Very Soon!

Aye BeBe … We love you too. The tech is slowing rolling in, enough to keep you reading ..

Land use forum is there. It’s important and was never not going to be a presence on the site. We, the community, simply needed to have a discussion about how we wanted to move forward with that kind of stuff. What I really hoped to see come out of that discussion, what I was planning to implement, was not the popular idea. So guess what, it’s not going to happen. Because that’s what you do when you run a site like these, you listen to the users....

let me know how that works out for you all ......

View attachment 3106512

Peace out. (( ))
Very well said :Applaud:

·
Registered
803 Posts
eDaddi you still need to give that dipshit JK owning fagwheeler exwrench a finders fee for the forum name. If not now, then later. He may be a useless horseshit fly but its the name he threw out that gave people something to follow. Just saying.

·
Premium Member
1,666 Posts
i can see that. just enough to push some people off the edge. it's comical the people coming out of the woodwork to post "hey i'm leaving and you should too" and then they get there and say "yay i'm here!"...it's turned into some sort of trendy/catchy thing.

I hope it works out, just seems odd. it is kind of funny though that the update here fixed some of the more major issues, such as posting images, private message limits, speed, paying $20/year, accessibility and didn't destroy the linkbacks or lose the tech. while the complaints are post/page settings, :rasta: custom emoji loss, no thread deleting aren't as bad.

the biggest shitbox part of it, the complaints are 100% fixable :lmao: the stupid fucks just won't fix them. hopefully irate doesn't get too overwhelmed by "good ideas" and turned into mash soup too early on
I second all of this. Working through the transition. The new site certainly is loading quicker. Don't care for the new look and some of those that were conversing in my build thread might have ran off. I've no interest in transferring 1,600+ posts over to another site when this one is still working. PBB was the one and only place online that I felt I could lay out my build and get reasonably constructive responses.

·
Registered
66,767 Posts
eDaddi you still need to give that dipshit JK owning fagwheeler exwrench a finders fee for the forum name. If not now, then later. He may be a useless horseshit fly but its the name he threw out that gave people something to follow. Just saying.

You need to fuck your own cow and stop trying to fuck someone else's bovine.

On the new site; (for you to ponder, spawn) I'm sure you've heard the saying "there's no replacement for displacement". When it comes to this site vs the new site, it's the reverse.

Pirate's been displaced, and irate replaced it. FLIPOFF2

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
You need to fuck your own cow and stop trying to fuck someone else's bovine.

On the new site; (for you to ponder, spawn) I'm sure you've heard the saying "there's no replacement for displacement". When it comes to this site vs the new site, it's the reverse.

Pirate's been displaced, and irate replaced it. FLIPOFF2
I "liked" your post LOLOL!
😘

·
Dinkerdoodledoo
9,733 Posts
I second all of this. Working through the transition. The new site certainly is loading quicker. Don't care for the new look and some of those that were conversing in my build thread might have ran off. I've no interest in transferring 1,600+ posts over to another site when this one is still working. PBB was the one and only place online that I felt I could lay out my build and get reasonably constructive responses.
Thing is, a lot of us do not like the IP restrictions and will leave. I won't be posting tech or build threads here.

Did you read the new terms of service and do you understand why you can't edit or delete your posts/threads?

"
Submissions
By posting/sending a message in any public electronic forum on the Web Site, you agree to have that message along with your name and/or user name posted for public viewing both here and in other promotional and advertising materials and on other VerticalScope Inc. web sites, without compensation. Pirate4x4.com does not undertake to necessarily post every submission. All messages that are posted here represent the opinions of the individuals or organizations posting those messages, and do not express the ideas or opinions of Pirate4x4.com or VerticalScope Inc.. You may copy the posted messages for personal use, but redistribution in any way requires the written permission of Pirate4x4.com. In consideration of this authorization, you agree that any copy you make of any message(s) located on this web site shall retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained therein.
You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the content posted by you on or through the Web Site or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth below, and (ii) the Posting of your content does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person.
You agree to grant to Pirate4x4.com a non exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual license to reproduce, distribute, transmit, sublicense, create derivative works of, publicly display, publish and perform any materials and other information you submit to any public areas, chat rooms, bulletin boards, newsgroups or forums of Pirate4x4.com or which you provide by email or any other means to Pirate4x4.com and in any media now known or hereafter developed. Further, you grant to Pirate4x4.com the right to use your name and or user name in connection with the submitted materials and other information as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material related thereto, together with use on any other VerticalScope Inc. web sites. You agree that you shall have no recourse against VerticalScope Inc. for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communications to Pirate4x4.com.
"

It's not even legal. You can't give your copyright away without a a signed agreement.

They also have to notify us when they change the TOS.

·
Premium Member
29,441 Posts
Thing is, a lot of us do not like the IP restrictions and will leave. I won't be posting tech or build threads here.

Did you read the new terms of service and do you understand why you can't edit or delete your posts/threads?

"
Submissions
By posting/sending a message in any public electronic forum on the Web Site, you agree to have that message along with your name and/or user name posted for public viewing both here and in other promotional and advertising materials and on other VerticalScope Inc. web sites, without compensation. Pirate4x4.com does not undertake to necessarily post every submission. All messages that are posted here represent the opinions of the individuals or organizations posting those messages, and do not express the ideas or opinions of Pirate4x4.com or VerticalScope Inc.. You may copy the posted messages for personal use, but redistribution in any way requires the written permission of Pirate4x4.com. In consideration of this authorization, you agree that any copy you make of any message(s) located on this web site shall retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained therein.
You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the content posted by you on or through the Web Site or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth below, and (ii) the Posting of your content does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person.
You agree to grant to Pirate4x4.com a non exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual license to reproduce, distribute, transmit, sublicense, create derivative works of, publicly display, publish and perform any materials and other information you submit to any public areas, chat rooms, bulletin boards, newsgroups or forums of Pirate4x4.com or which you provide by email or any other means to Pirate4x4.com and in any media now known or hereafter developed. Further, you grant to Pirate4x4.com the right to use your name and or user name in connection with the submitted materials and other information as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material related thereto, together with use on any other VerticalScope Inc. web sites. You agree that you shall have no recourse against VerticalScope Inc. for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communications to Pirate4x4.com.
"

It's not even legal. You can't give your copyright away without a a signed agreement.

They also have to notify us when they change the TOS.
yup, and that is 100% on the owner and admin team. If a tyrant could be reasoned with, they wouldn't be a tyrant though :lmao:

if it is just a 'blanket form they use everywhere' then OK, CHANGE YOUR BLANKET FORM FOR THIS GOD DAMN SITE! that is an easier fix than whatever minor code it would take to bring back the :rasta: and :mr-t: people

i'm not holding my confidence high that they will though because they asked for our feedback in advance, said they might consider it, and then didn't. shit that takes no effort, got no support :shaking:

101 - 120 of 127 Posts