Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So now that there are some IROK's out there running around how are they holding up on the street/weekend offroad trips, any problems, etc? I'm trying to decide between, IROKS (39.5), SX's (38) and PJ Dirt Grips (38 but too much $$). If your running them on Hummer Rims post up some pics!
- Zach

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
Just tossing some sorta-realted info info into the pot. Went wheeling with a guy on 42 TSLs, and Domenic had Frankie's buggy out there on the 39" IROKs. I'm running 38.5 SXs.

With neither aired down, the 42s were the same height as the IROKs, although that buggy is light enough (3100 lbs) that the tires don't noticably bulge when parked @ 8 PSI. IROKs run big, and it's about time Interco had a tire that did that. :)

Oh, and we did get a lil' bit of video. ;)

·
4x4 Consultant
7,424 Posts
They come in radials or bias-ply Brandon;) I have the bias-ply 39.5 and the Hammers didnt hurt em this last weekend but they did break my CTM:D

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
CJ5inFourWheelDrive said:
and PJ Dirt Grips (38 but too much $$).
I've heard the bigger PJ's above 36's don't work as well. Just what I've heard.

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
UGET IT said:
They come in radials or bias-ply Brandon;) I have the bias-ply 39.5 and the Hammers didnt hurt em this last weekend but they did break my CTM:D
Are you talking about IROKs? I haven't heard of them being available in radials, and Interco's site doesn't show them.

·
4x4 Consultant
7,424 Posts
When I ordered them from Les Schwab the guy said there were (2) differnet part numbers for the 39.5 x 13.5 x 15. One for Radial and 1 for Bias. I'll get my receipt and get the part number in a few min.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Re: Re: IROK Street Life

Weasel said:

I've heard the bigger PJ's above 36's don't work as well. Just what I've heard.
they work well my buddy had them for a while. then he got 44s

also what do the 39.5s measure out to be.
anyone have a side by side of a 36 with a 37 MTR

Drew

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
A guy in my town just set his superduky on a set of 49 i rocks. And its a ddriver. And he drives alot. Let you know if they will hold up. To the street.:D

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I didn't think they made the 39.5 in a radial? At any rate how do the bias ply's handle?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
How 'bout those numbers.
Travis
UGET IT said:
When I ordered them from Les Schwab the guy said there were (2) differnet part numbers for the 39.5 x 13.5 x 15. One for Radial and 1 for Bias. I'll get my receipt and get the part number in a few min.

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
Brandon said:
I'm not lucky enough to have a tow rig or another DD so I need an all around tire, probably the MTR
It's all about priorities. I run 38.5s SXs, so I bought a 1987 Chevy Sprint that I couldn't sell for $100 if I wanted to. Looks like this, but has been hit in the front, has a cracked windshield, burns oil, and leaks antifreeze.

·
Registered
49 Posts
TNToy said:

It's all about priorities. I run 38.5s SXs, so I bought a 1987 Chevy Sprint that I couldn't sell for $100 if I wanted to. Looks like this, but has been hit in the front, has a cracked windshield, burns oil, and leaks antifreeze.
Good plan. But some of us wouldn't be caught dead in that thing, not to mention anything less than a lifted 4x4. :flipoff2: That's why God invented the radial mud terrain. :D

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Let go of some of that pride. :flipoff2: It will allow you to have a more serious off road machine. I drive a Geo Metro to work. Can't beat 45 MPG out of a $400 car.
Travis

1 - 20 of 63 Posts