Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
How does toyota expect to increase sales by selling larger motors which are likely to consume more fuel?

With the oil market in the state it's in, you'd think they'd maybe consider making "Mini-me" models...Fullsize tundra...22re :grinpimp:

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
I don't know, but I would be more than glad to try one of those TRD superchargers out on either of my Tundras :D!

·
Premium Member
8,196 Posts
How does toyota expect to increase sales by selling larger motors which are likely to consume more fuel?

With the oil market in the state it's in, you'd think they'd maybe consider making "Mini-me" models...Fullsize tundra...22re :grinpimp:
Drive the truck. Holy crap its a hot rod. I always thought that new CTD's were fun to drive till I hoped in a charged tundra.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah it's bad timing because of gas prices, but I would take 504hp under my right foot any day.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
the diesels should be here soon with fuel prices so high

Last I heard they were scheduled for 2010 as they were going to have to meet California emission standards

·
Registered
9,385 Posts

Did you read the article? The engine size didn't change, they just added a supercharger. Generally that doesn't hurt mileage... provided you keep your foot out of it. :D

Why do people love the 22re so much? Its fine for an old truck, but their newer motors are more powerful AND get better gas mileage, and are just as reliable. It would be retarded to take a step backwards.

I bet a 22re in a Tundra would get about the same mileage as the v6 (maybe even the v8), and the v6 has at least twice as much power. :p

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Now they need to that motor in a smaller package and compete with the corvette:grinpimp:

I would love "Corvette" type performance with out the cock sucker image. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
386 Posts
I talked to the Magnuson guys at SEMA this year and they said the numbers for the new TRD screw for the Tundra was around 515hp
A well that is still a nice number either way.

My supercharged 3.4 gets 1-2 mpg less that the truck did with the old 22re, due to the simple fact that the engine does not have to work as hard to get the thing moving.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
I'm thinking that a supercharged 5.7L and 6-speed auto would be looking really nice in my "good" Tundra! I'm amazed every time I get in the new one, it's like night & day - makes my 4.7L feel like a damn slug.....couldn't imagine the 5.7 being supercharged :eek:! It hit me last night when I started the 5.7 how damn smooth it runs and when it cranks it sounds just like every other smaller Toyota engine.....when you lay into it it's a whole different ball game though :evil:!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts