Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
np435 - ford 203 - d300

160:1 with 4.56 gears in the diffs

this is all behind a 5.0 HO, what you guys think?

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Give some specs on how you put it together or what you built to put it together. Looks sweet though.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Nice!
I'm interested in some specs on the adapters.
What's the length/weight?

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
now, did you use a bearing on the output shaft of the 203 before the 300 input, or just relied on the rollers holding the shaft at the very end?

What is the length of the 203/300 adapter? And is that aluminium?

Building the same thing outta steel (heavy as all hell).

themaddhatter

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
oh, and another ?

Did you do the 203 /300 adapter clockable? I buzzed 5 positions in mine for adjustablity.

Also used a chebby 203 and clocked that to the left.

Will post some pix in a few days

themaddhatter

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Length length length, whats the length???

This could be an interesting set up behind my 4 banger YJ. With a flipped D300 attached.

More info please:D

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
the length of the first adapter is 2 1/4" and the length of the second adapter is 3.75". they are both made out of aluminum and very beefy. actually the second adapter is damn heavy for being made out of aluminum. i expected it to be nice and light but there is a lot of material around the stress points to add strength.

in case you don't know the 203 case is 6" long.

i ended up with a driveshaft angle in the high teens and the length of the driveshaft is ~32" long. not too bad for a jeep IMO.
(i did lengthen the frame a little and moved the 5.0 forward as much as i could though)

the d300 is clockable in 4 different positions depending if you have a body lift or not. i have it in the second to lowest position right now which makes the bottom line up nicely with the 203 and 435. if i do toss a body lift in i will be able to clock it up a little more but i don't really see a point.

you can see here the indexing holes for the d300. also note the hole that is in the middle. the seal that taps into the bore seals over the d300 input.

you can see the 203 bearing retainer is still used on the output of the 203.

these were done in a CNC so duplicating them would be pretty easy.

email here if you want to know more...
[email protected]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts