Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to jet the axles I ended up with, the question keeps coming up is wheter they are the same,one set is disc on front and back other is drum. I have no clue what they are, all i know is that they bolt together in the middle unliike the 404 truck I have, they are the same width and look like a 1300l but i dont want to screw somebody, is the 406 with disc worth the same as a 1300 \l axle? I hear prices from $1000 to $3500 from dealers, what is the going rate for 1300l fronts anyway? thanks!

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Is there a tag on them somewhere? It should say what they were from.

They had both disc and drum on 406's.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
unimogken said:
Is there a tag on them somewhere? It should say what they were from.

They had both disc and drum on 406's.
i have to look, Jack Russel told me that the ring and pinions interchange, and that there are different ratios in the final drive gears as well, They(406) look like 1300 to me but I have no idea, think I am going to have to pull them apart and count teeth and divide, they could be fast axles but I doubt it, army od has me thinking slow and low but who know, to tell the truth they could all be ruined and all different axles. They are the same width and bolt hole pattern, same except one is drum and other is disc, does anybody want these things if I can find out if they will work in something, I do not know if they are fools gold or solid axles for a tube frame, wish I had not bought them tonite! If you buy mog stuff sight unseen you better watch out, still would like to find some pic of a 406 drum and a 406 disc, goodnite!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mog axle pictures

I have a mog project that is in the beginning phase. I'm building a custom truck using a 416 chassis and a custom cab using some Isuzu NPR cab over parts (Including the vin#!). I have several pictures of my bare chassis I could E-Mail them to anyone who needs them. [email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts