Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I have a th350 tranny with a np208 case.
I'm making a crossmember that is going to attach to the adapter(between the tranny and t-case)is this enough????
Or do I need to support the t-case too some how(anyone got pics??)

I've seen it only attached to the adapter and it seemed to work fine but I don't want the t-case housing cracking or something.
By the way this is in a toy.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Im not an engineer... but personally I would have some kind of mount that was somewhat similar to the factory set up which (on my 85 anyway) is directly under the t-case.

if the mount you are making is plenty beefy and the tcase was a 205 than I prolly wouldnt worry about it. An aluminum t-case though... :eek:

j

·
Registered
354 Posts
the np208 has 2 large bolt holes on the passenger side of the case. The use of these holes os to incorprate a hard bar between the case and the bottom right bellhousing bolt on the engine. If you are going to use that case you should try to use some sort of gusset to keep it from twisting the tranny housing. With out this secondary stabalizer it is possible to break the case on your tranny.:eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
30 Posts
When I picked up my tranny after getting it rebuilt the guy specifically told me to be sure and hook up the torque rod. He then showed me a nice 700R4 that didnt have the torque rod installed and broke about 5" from the rear of the housing.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have seen 3 split myself.

My 700R4 has these neat little arms that come off of the t.c. guard and attach to the motormount pads along with the torque bar. :confused: stronger I hope?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts