Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Fellow Cruisers-

I have a 69 with a 383 chevy engine. Yesterday she wouldn't turn over and I believe its the Holley mechanical fuel pump cause when I turn the ignition on, fuel barely sputters out as I checked the fuel line.

I've replaced both my fuel filters only two months ago so I don't think thats the problem.

Is there anything else I should check?

If I do need to replace my fuel pump, will going from an 80gph to 110gph (I was thinking going Holley) too much overkill and is there a website that shows how to properly install one?

A friend said that my battery might need to be replaced too. Could that be the problem? I don't think so, but if it is, I was thinking of going Optima. But which one? I don't have a winch yet or a decent stereo, but they are on my want list.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Cruzin Everyone =)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Check the filters anyway. Being a '69 it has a lot of years behind it, especially if it's never been drained and cleaned. Holley electronic fuel pushers are kick ass. Just take a spare. Optimas are rad, buy what you can now cause later when you get the winch and stereo you'll want to have two Optimas anyways.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts