Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard that these are stonger than the old dan 44 ujoints is this true. How much stronger are they. I also heard that lance helped test them for dana. I heard this thru a friend thru jesse at hiangle drivline.

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
well kelly actually ran them in cal-rocks to see if this had any merrit- and it appears to be 20 % stronger and its a design change from dana that has made this happen- at a fraction of the cost- 22$ each- Jess

·
Registered
343 Posts
For $22... you can't go wrong.

I got a pair from Jess, along w/ a new rear shaft. The shaft is in, but the u-joints won't be in the axle until next week sometime. My existing 5-297x ujoints will be spares.

·
Super Moderator
17,783 Posts
I would have to give them a thumbs up <i>so far</i>. They took a huge pounding last weekend. Kelly isn't afraid to hammer down, and she did a time or two. :D I don't think they are anywhere near the CTM's in strength, but they are an improvement over the 297x.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Lance said:
I would have to give them a thumbs up <i>so far</i>. They took a huge pounding last weekend. Kelly isn't afraid to hammer down, and she did a time or two. :D I don't think they are anywhere near the CTM's in strength, but they are an improvement over the 297x.
How much are the CTM's?

Any bearing-less u-joints out there?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Are there any new developements with the new 5-760x u-joint?
Rumour has it that they are the same thing as the 297?
Drive Train Direct has done a load test on them and have not noticed any increase in streangth. has anyone else done a load test instead of just trail test?

Has anyone actually checked with Spicer to see if they state that they are any stronger?

·
Registered
443 Posts
mudlite said:
Are there any new developements with the new 5-760x u-joint?
Rumour has it that they are the same thing as the 297?
Drive Train Direct has done a load test on them and have not noticed any increase in streangth. has anyone else done a load test instead of just trail test?

Has anyone actually checked with Spicer to see if they state that they are any stronger?
o None that I have heard

o No

o They have? useing what methiod of destructive testing? What were the test results? breaking strength?

o not that I've heard, though I suppose Spicer did before the put um on the market

o Yes, NO, it's just a new design replacment for the 5-297x

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
bronco78 said:

o None that I have heard

o No

o They have? useing what methiod of destructive testing? What were the test results? breaking strength?

o not that I've heard, though I suppose Spicer did before the put um on the market

o Yes, NO, it's just a new design replacment for the 5-297x
So were are people coming up with 20% stronger then?
Is this just a visual apperance thing?
" well they look 20% stronger to me." " What do you think?"

Is it worth changing to them?

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Just because there forged I wouldnt replace my 297s unless your in the mood to tear apart th front end and grease everfy thing and throw in your spare set of shafts with teh 760s in..

For me it was an easy decision, I had to replace both my joints anyways when I changed the axles over so I put in 5760s just because they were 5 bucks cheaper then the 297s..

Now if I was going alloy axles I would go with CTMS.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts