Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am told this is a good guy, buddy type deal. :eek: However pricing it out online it seems like an average price rather than a DEAL. Thanks for the help.

Tactical Innovations Lower
Double Star Upper
T6 Stock
Bull Barrel
Aluminum Quad Rail
Hogue Grip
(2) 30 Round Mags

$700.00 is asking price

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
what kind of sights?

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
New or not, its still a mutt gun. I still wouldnt pay more than 600 for it. You can get a brand new DPMS Oracle for under 600, just doesnt make sense.

*Note...not an indictment against mutt guns. Just not paying OEM gun price for a gun with unknown ingredients.

·
Registered
199 Posts
New or not, its still a mutt gun. I still wouldnt pay more than 600 for it. You can get a brand new DPMS Oracle for under 600, just doesnt make sense.

*Note...not an indictment against mutt guns. Just not paying OEM gun price for a gun with unknown ingredients.

X2 especially if unknown usage and parts and if he built it. You just never know really. On the other hand to buy the parts and have someone put it together it would cost more. Brand new completed new ones are not a bad route just depends on what use you have for it and what you are going to change on it or add.

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
Also gotta consider who's name is on those parts. That aluminum quad rail could be UTG, or it could be Daniel Defense. Doesn't say what trigger it is. Could be a $50 LPK, could be a $300 Giesselle trigger set in there. I would only pay good money for a "mutt gun" if the individual parts that it is comprised of are all quality bits.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
tapco stock, no name rails. Asking too much money for a parts gun built from low end parts. You could probably build the same gun with new parts for that much $$

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks all. I know I want one, however I am a bit of a tard when it comes to building anything. When someone tells you it has been hand built form selected parts I kinda thought it might be something special. It's great to have a place to ask for the knowledge I need, I hate wasting $$$$$$.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Spend some time on line, AR15.com ect. and pick up some pointers before you buy and you will save money. You will not have to worry about regrets either.

Skip

·
Registered
1989 Jeep Cherokee
2,045 Posts
wait until Christmas and buy a $50 lower and pay shipping. Then make a second order and buy the complete rifle kit. Whole rifle with great reputation for $550ish.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts