Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive never had to have body work done before so i dont know how much this stuff costs. the other guys insurance is taking care of it so im taking it to the local ford dealer (even though its a chevy) because they have a reputation as the best body shop around here. unfortunately their shop is closed until monday heres what is broken...
rear bumper and mounts
tag and tag lights crushed
receiver hitch is bent down
bed side is crushed
tailgate bent up and wont open
rear of cab is dented from bed hitting it
passenger side door is dented in
mirror is ripped off
front fender if almost ripped off
front passenger rim is now the color of his tire
the drivers seat is bent backwards
all the plastic parts flew off the seatbelt mechanism, but the belt did its job
the whole truck shakes and wanders going down the road over 55

the truck retails for 10400 how much do you guys think all that will cost to fix and repaint?
i like my truck and dont think i can get another that i know has been properly maintained.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Besides the fact that it would seriously help if you fucking told us what year and model the truck is :shaking:

That shits totaled.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Mostly likely it will be totaled. Do you have pictures?

·
Owner TWF
9,235 Posts
I fix up a lot of rigs and I can tell you I woldn't touch it. It's totaled.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
It will also depend upon where you live? if it's worth $10,400 as you say. The body work must be under 75% of its value.
Body work is way cheaper in Oklahoma than here in California. More info please?

·
Registered
101 Posts
110% totalled, thats propably just what you can see, not including steering parts and the stuff you dont notice.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
My son had his 1970 GMC in a little wreck, not nearly the damage you listed, the repair bill was $8,495 and they neglected to look at the damage inside where his knee dented the lower portion of the dash and ruined the plastic gage cluster piece. Shocked the hell out of me that they didnt total it.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Had a similar incident in my first truck, 2000 sierra SLT. Repair bill was 18k+ before frame straightening. And if your hitch is bent, most likely your frame is too.

Personally, Id start shopping.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
lrt them total it and buy it back then part it out and make money on the deal

or just back half the bitch and make a wheeler out of it

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
i here they got a body shop estimator over in the newbie section

·
Registered
19,444 Posts
Totalled hands down

·
Registered
595 Posts
let them total it, the buy back is 20-25%, should put you at about 8k, then find a shop that will work with you on the repair price, if they are dealing with you as an individual their price will be alot lower than dealing with the ins co. I should know as I have my own body shop, show me some detailed pics and I can give you some better advice on the repair pricing, but region is a big factor.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts