Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
gt1guy said:
Apparently it's Christmas too.:mad3:

Saw this list someone posted on JKO.
Whattheeverlovingfuck! I was already pissed by the most of the populus going full retard over a cough. That list is batshit fucking mental. People looked at me funny when I said their free $1000 would cost them $5000 to pay back, I think I was on the low side.

When do we riot? :evil:

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Whattheeverlovingfuck! I was already pissed by the most of the populus going full retard over a cough. That list is batshit fucking mental. People looked at me funny when I said their free $1000 would cost them $5000 to pay back, I think I was on the low side.

Pelosi has already said they need to do more. This has turned into something resembling EBT cards with no limit.

What the Republicans were thinking voting for that pile of shit I'll never know. They should all be killed. Yes the virus is a big issue, but the fix for the economy is worse. At some point we need to just go back to work and let the virus do it's thing.

·
Premium Member
29,441 Posts
Pelosi has already said they need to do more. This has turned into something resembling EBT cards with no limit.

What the Republicans were thinking voting for that pile of shit I'll never know. They should all be killed. Yes the virus is a big issue, but the fix for the economy is worse. At some point we need to just go back to work and let the virus do it's thing.
has there been any consequence (short term and to congress directly) for 10 years of "let's just vote to raise the debt ceiling and move on" ?

they dgaf. largest bailout request in the history of ever and it was doubled before it made it through. if they tossed this, it would have come out 3 or 4x the size.

just damned crazy. the kicker? wait for the campaign trail when trump tries to say "we can never afford the green new deal" and everybody will jump right back to this...."oh, $2trillion for boeing but nothing for main street? we just want our money back!"

15,447 Posts
They left all this crap in so the House will approve it.

has there been any consequence (short term and to congress directly) for 10 years of "let's just vote to raise the debt ceiling and move on" ?

they dgaf. largest bailout request in the history of ever and it was doubled before it made it through. if they tossed this, it would have come out 3 or 4x the size.

just damned crazy. the kicker? wait for the campaign trail when trump tries to say "we can never afford the green new deal" and everybody will jump right back to this...."oh, $2trillion for boeing but nothing for main street? we just want our money back!"

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Thomas Massey for the win. I hope he sticks his foot out and trips all those fuckers up. This needs to die a flaming death. Maybe the market can lose all those gains so I can buy up some BA and watch it skyrocket in 3 days for no reason again.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I sadly fear the best course of action is looking more and more like “Just let it burn.” :( :mad3:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
I sadly fear the best course of action is looking more and more like “Just let it burn.” :( :mad3:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty much.

It would suck for awhile, but here's to hoping the virus cleans out Congress and gets fresh blood in there with some semblance of trying to act like adults.

·
Premium Member
30,147 Posts
Good luck getting any employees to return once they add that 600 dollar weekly bonus to the existing unemployment benefit.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
I just heard this on Fox a few minutes ago. In the new stimulus, a small business can barrow money at no interest. Than if they use it for payroll or utilities, it will be forgiven.

So to put this in use. My wife and I own a restaurant that we just closed because it was slow. I own the building, so it only costs me utilities while it's closed. We're not sure if we want to reopen as we don't need the money and it can be a pita.

But with this stimulus, we could reopen and make the same money we use to make plus the payroll and utilities!

I would have to check, but I think our payroll was over 3 grand a week. Holy shit! I almost have to open for that. Maybe I'll just hire someone to run it for $1500 a week (and get that back too).

Have I got this wrong?
you are being selfish and small minded. Your situation is unique. A broad solution will always be a good solution for most, but not all. If they have a week to put it together, it will be very broad.

For several small business owners I know, this solution will help them survive... so, you do you, and just kind of accept that you are in much better circumstances than many.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Thomas Massey for the win. I hope he sticks his foot out and trips all those fuckers up. This needs to die a flaming death. Maybe the market can lose all those gains so I can buy up some BA and watch it skyrocket in 3 days for no reason again.
interesting... so, you are against the president?

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
interesting... so, you are against the president?
Correct, I want my state representatives to vote against it, but none will. Trump doesn't give a shit what pork is in it as long as he has something to sign and the ill-informed just gobble it up. 25% of the bill will "go to the people", which I do not generally support anyways. If we were true capitalists I would win and many others would fail. The gov't propping up people who don't save anything and take out 84 month car loans pisses me off.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts