Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,147 Posts
Between the mandatory paid FMLA due to lack of a babysitter and the unemployment insanity, I predict many small businesses just giving up.

·
Oh Jesus Tits....
2,669 Posts
I won't see a dime of this, but I'll be paying for it for the rest of my life.

If anything is "bipartisan", it's usually a complete shit show. there was zero reasons for all the extra pork. It's already printing money as it is....

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Between the mandatory paid FMLA due to lack of a babysitter and the unemployment insanity, I predict many small businesses just giving up.

I’m scared it will be in the 40-60% range if this SIP shit keeps up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Get Off My Lawn
13,255 Posts
I'm friends with mostly entrepreneurs. My friends are excited and looking for opportunities.

Where others fail, new possibilities will emerge. The capitalists aren't going anywhere.

·
Premium Member
30,147 Posts
I'm friends with mostly entrepreneurs. My friends are excited and looking for opportunities.

Where others fail, new possibilities will emerge. The capitalists aren't going anywhere.
If the employees can draw 24 dollars an hour sitting at home, it would be awhile till they could staff a new business.

·
Get Off My Lawn
13,255 Posts
If the employees can draw 24 dollars an hour sitting at home, it would be awhile till they could staff a new business.
A few things.

1) A lot of men in particular have zero desire to sit at hom collecting unemployment.

2) Unemployment doesn't last forever and it's a race to the jobs for most people collecting.

3) That income is great for revenue growth needed for start ups.

4) $24 an hour isn't going to look very attractive once the market is flooded with capital and asset prices drop while essential goods climb.

5) Many people are thinking a good deal of outsourcing needs to come back to the local level.

Time will tell for sure. But I think you're being overly dramatic.

·
Premium Member
30,147 Posts
A few things.

1) A lot of men in particular have zero desire to sit at hom collecting unemployment.

2) Unemployment doesn't last forever and it's a race to the jobs for most people collecting.

3) That income is great for revenue growth needed for start ups.

4) $24 an hour isn't going to look very attractive once the market is flooded with capital and asset prices drop while essential goods climb.

5) Many people are thinking a good deal of outsourcing needs to come back to the local level.

Time will tell for sure. But I think you're being overly dramatic.
I agree on your points but I am thinking of the average cashier/stocker at your local grocery store or any retail establishment. You know how incredibly short sighted people are today. I bet the rims and stereo sites are already getting stimulus hits. Oh and Apple.

·
Get Off My Lawn
13,255 Posts
I agree on your points but I am thinking of the average cashier/stocker at your local grocery store or any retail establishment. You know how incredibly short sighted people are today. I bet the rims and stereo sites are already getting stimulus hits. Oh and Apple.
Well, my local grocery chain has ad's running on Pandora telling people that they need more staff. A ton of delivery opportunities are becoming available. I'm sure there will be plenty of lazy, unskilled people crying about their misfortunes.

But there will be plenty of wake up calls answered. Have some faith. Not everyone is a sad sack of shit. It's about time the American's are woken from their apathy.

Weak men make hard times

Hard times make strong men.

·
Registered
'73 Scout
10,431 Posts
Thomas Massey for the win. I hope he sticks his foot out and trips all those fuckers up. This needs to die a flaming death. Maybe the market can lose all those gains so I can buy up some BA and watch it skyrocket in 3 days for no reason again.
Read the AP post. Massie got proceduralised in 1 swell foop. Enough folks in the House showed up to make a quorum and basically told him STFU...

What ever happened to line item veto? Or did it never get passed?
I realise that Reagan wanted that in 1982-1990 but do you think for an instant that the fed legislature would give POTUS that ability...it got flamed almost as soon as it came up and hasn't been brought up since.

And Trumps signed off on it when it hit his desk...

https://apnews.com/2099a53bb8adf2def7ee7329ea322f9d?fbclid=IwAR1nR3LXyLrtwJdqMfUPth6ziSgvEES1Epma306SSd4vQQeaCkyT2GMjaBA

·
Get Off My Lawn
13,255 Posts
I've gone back and listened to this 3 times now. Just a fantastic discussion.

1:29:15 to 1:30:25 might very well be one of the best monologues I've heard. It cuts right to the stupidity of the Keynesians.

I wish I knew how to make a little soundbite to share.

https://youtu.be/7dFB7MSOswI

·
Registered
66,764 Posts
I've gone back and listened to this 3 times now. Just a fantastic discussion.

1:29:15 to 1:30:25 might very well be one of the best monologues I've heard. It cuts right to the stupidity of the Keynesians.

I wish I knew how to make a little soundbite to share.

https://youtu.be/7dFB7MSOswI

Not bad. :laughing:

41 - 55 of 55 Posts