Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
haven't seen any new one's in the rag's or pic's of the Comp.?

if he is, anyone got some new's/pic's they would post? if he's not, whats he up too? just woundering what that man will come out with next.

steelman

·
For Kayla
25,333 Posts
well, there are three things I know.

1. SpaceGhost saw one prolly around 7 months ago on one of his local trails in Indiana. Don't know how new it was, though.

2. There was one on the "Ultimate Adventure" put on by whichever magazine. It was the "Scout" as far as I read on here.

3. They do have a website. Not sure what it is though. Don't know why he wouldn't still build.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not the dude building the Snipers, but the Scorpions. its the one with the AES. the sway bars running For. and Aft.

steelman

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
He's still around- working on something he hopes to bring to MOAB for the JES.

·
For Kayla
25,333 Posts
no. you're talkin about the dude that build scorpions? not Soni Honneger? not *that* dude?

yes, I know who he is. And yes, SpaceGhost did see one getting shook down. but I could be wrong about the Ultimate Adventure one.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
There is a guy in Michigan who owns one and runs Attica and the East coast stuff. Used to own a IFS front & 1/4 ellip rear Jeep prior to that. He purchased the Scorpion from Troy in Attica. I'm blankin on the guys name tho, I've wheeled with him 3-4 times. Hate to say it, but he needs driving skills prior to dumping the $$ on a high-dollar rig. (tho IIRC he did place pretty well at a Paragon event)

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Do a SEARCH!

Toygeek said:
DO A FRICKIN' SEARCH MAN! :p

google.com. did a search for "scorpion 4x4". http://toottoot.com/scorpion/
gee, thanks for that great link??

nothing has changed since the last time i was there 3 years ago. i was hopping someone had seen him around. talked to him, etc...

i dont think a "search" would help.

jim

·
Registered
435 Posts
I was just playing. that link sucks, tells nothing. Guess I had some angst about those customers who call me and ask 'how do I do such and such' and I do a google search and find the answer and forward them the search. People :rolleyes:

Haven't buggy's come a long way since the scorpion was introduced?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
JParuBob said:
no. you're talkin about the dude that build scorpions? not Soni Honneger? not *that* dude?

yes, I know who he is. And yes, SpaceGhost did see one getting shook down. but I could be wrong about the Ultimate Adventure one.
Gordon Gilcrest is the owner of the one in Michigan. He competed at Paragon and in the Pro Rocks at Attica. The original chassis (with some body panels and axles) is almost 2 years old, and was finished (motor & electrics, etc.) in summer 2002 by Gordon.

I've wheeled with him prior to the Scorpion, and then when he was shaking it down. He is learning the controls and nuances of the vehicle and does pretty good with it now. Good guy, and very knowledgable, with good design and fab skills. His jeep is sporting an LT1 and an Atlas which sees only trail duty now.

That's all I know....................

·
Registered
514 Posts
Rob Harris is the man who has a Scorpion/Scout at the Ultimate Adventure trip. I suggest you talk with him. You can probably reach him indirectly through Sunray Engineering in Dallas. Lance might be able to put you in touch with him. www.sunrayengineering.com

1 - 12 of 12 Posts