Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
No, they are different. I *believe* the bolt pattern changed in 88.

If you own a drill, it's not a big deal though. Rotate the flange 45 degrees and drill 4 new holes. Had to do that on the T-case flange for my driveshaft after the SAS. T-case had the late-model bolt pattern, driveshaft had the early one.

As usual, Jay has a little blurb on his site about this:
http://www.off-road.com/toyota/flange.html

·
Man Child
24,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TNToy said:
No, they are different. I *believe* the bolt pattern changed in 88.

If you own a drill, it's not a big deal though. Rotate the flange 45 degrees and drill 4 new holes. Had to do that on the T-case flange for my driveshaft after the SAS. T-case had the late-model bolt pattern, driveshaft had the early one.

As usual, Jay has a little blurb on his site about this:
http://www.off-road.com/toyota/flange.html

Yeah, I'm doing the redrilling thing I just needed to know because I have to change the flange on my V6 case to the round style flange so I can redrill it. I've got the old style d-line and a V-6 t-case.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Isnt it different for standard and CV. I have my flanges to drill this week and from what I gathered older and newer differences is just bolt hole size.

but I noticed standard shaft used a 4" flange and CV used a 5" flange. Now typically the CV shaft is only in the front of trucks.

So I got a spare from the front of a truck to use on the rear and have the one from my front. Just going to drill the larger size flange to accept the smaller flange bolt pattern and make sure the driveshafts are enlarged to use the larger bolts. Correct.

Reasoning for that is the larger flange size pattern wont fit on the smaller flange.

If you are doing it now myswell make sure you have the larger and drill for both.

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
Jamison, yes. There actually appear to be THREE bolt patterns:

* Small holes, small diameter bolt circle.
* Large holes, small diameter bolt circle.
* Large holes, large diamter bolt-circle.

If the holes all line up but the bolts won't go through, just get the drill out. Trust me, though, if you have to drill 4 NEW holes in the flange, it's MUCH easier to get out the 30MM socket and breaker bar/impact and take the flange off, and drill in in a vice or with a drill press.

I did the first hole at the front t-case output flange with a hand drill. My arms were sore by the time it was done, so I yanked it off and did the other three in a drill-press in the time it took me to do the first one alone.

Be sure to stake the nut down real good with a punch and hammer when you put the flange back on. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts