Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been seeing these drill bits a lot lately. I've heard that they are mostly for thin metal. Anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Use our's daily..Works on Aluminum, Steel, Fiberglass, and plastic...just drill a pilot hole and your good to go.

·
I build stuff
24,247 Posts
sceep said:
uniwhat?? :confused:
Unibit or a step-bit. Used for making various sized holes in sheet products.
Thing I like about them is that the holes always come out perfectly sized and round where sometimes I get some ovelling when doing holes in thin stock with a drill bit

Attachments

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I've used one to enlarge holes in sheet metal, and it worked good.

I think it's the only bit these :clown:'s own.....

Attachments

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
frankenfab said:
I think it's the only bit these :clown:'s own.....
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: No doubt.

I've used them to open up the holes for the body mounts on my Wag to fit the later style body mounts, was a helluva lot easier than trying to work with what woulda been the same size drill bit.

Also a few times to open up holes in 3/16 or 1/4 in a drill press. Saved some time swapping bits in increments; but it'd be damn expensive to only use unibits.

·
Premium Member
10,659 Posts
They have them all the way to 1 3/8 ths even.
I use them all the time. Even on 1/4" stuff., you just have to drill from both sides.

·
Chubby Chaser
26,105 Posts
aloharover said:
and round where sometimes I get some ovelling when doing holes in thin stock with a drill bit

Ovals? Hell I'd be happy with ovals, only thing I ever got were triangles with regular bits :D

Those things are a godsend.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
No shop is complete with out several unibits. Got several differant sizes myself. Like MD said, they are a godsend when ya need em. Worth every penny.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
I use mine every time Im in the shop. Could not have built my buggy so quik without it :D

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
I've been seeing these drill bits a lot lately. I've heard that they are mostly for thin metal. Anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks!!
Unibit's are the shit. They are pricey but well worth it, I use mine up to 1/4" thick. Just keep them well oiled while cutting and they will last a looooong time :)

Oh and yes use a pilot hole 1st:D

·
Premium Member
1,671 Posts
I have several sets of unibits i really like them but i like my roto broachs better. I like the unibits for smoothing the edges of the hole

1 - 20 of 35 Posts