Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the issue with that is i have a welder, but not the money for the one peice axles.....

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
we did it all the time back in the day. Seemed to work. It won't change the fact that that axle is still a turd though. Weld it. Run it. When it finally gives up the ghost, upgrade.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we did it all the time back in the day. Seemed to work. It won't change the fact that that axle is still a turd though. Weld it. Run it. When it finally gives up the ghost, upgrade.
that was the basic idea! any suggestions on doing this? i was gonna weld the spiders to so when i was done wih this axle it was off to the scrap yard with it.

·
Registered
489 Posts
A buddy welded his up, instead of spinning the splines it snapped the axle at the taper ... then the tire,wheel,brake drum,hub went floating down the creek. Pretty funny really :D

·
Registered
334 Posts
I bought an AMC 20 off of a J10 to use and it looked like that style (off the trucks) came from the factory that way. It was an old truck though, someone could have gotten creative with it. Weld the flange on, can't hurt right??

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well, the J10 stuff was welded from the factory, just CJ's got the two peice axle..... guess they thought the CJ's didn't weight enough or have enough power to do any damage to them.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts