Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find out if there is a locker for an 04 frontier crew cab with the super charger that will allow you to keep the stock gears in the axles. Looking for a selectable locker if possible and it is for the rear. Evryone i have talked to has told me the gears need to be changed to a different ratio.

Thanks,
Troy

·
Under Powered
905 Posts
Everyone you have talked to has no idea of what they are talking about. An 04 SC would have a 33-spline H233B. Your only choices for gears are what came stock (4.363, 4.636, 4.90) and the 5.142 gears that Nismo and AC sell. You can most certainly install an ARB selectable locker and keep the stock gears, as that's what most people do. I run stock gears and a carrier out of a '91 so I could put a Detroit in mine.

Check out www.4x4parts.com for lots of nissan stuff. Also www.purenissan.com

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so does that mean that the 91 carrier is also a 33 spline? So do you have the arb part number by chance?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
so does that mean that the 91 carrier is also a 33 spline? So do you have the arb part number by chance?
91s are 31spline.

I'm pretty sure the part number for the 33spl H233B's is RD24 (confirm this before ordering) http://www.arbusa.com/alac/alsp/0-00.pdf . Whats intresting to note is that if the part numbers are chronological, the 31spl locker would be the 4th one they made (before any dana stuff). I'm pretty sure they are since the rockwell locker is RD145 and it was just recently released after a long development cycle.

PS I've had nothing but bad experience from 4x4parts/AC, if its an ARB any normal dealer should be able to get it.

·
Under Powered
905 Posts
Well that makes perfect sense since they are in Australia and H233Bs there are like D44s here...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts