Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1750$$ OUT THE DOOR .....82" IN BETWEEN WHEEL WELLS ....16FT...ONE AXLE WITH BRAKES....7000 LB..UMMMMMMMMMM.WITH RAMPS.......THEN 120 FOR THE BRAKE CONTROLLER AND 69 FOR INSTALL.

FROM CONCORD GARDEN EQUIP.....

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
seems high to me... I bought a 20' gooseneck with 2 braked axles and ramps for 1250... that's kind of an extreme example... and it's a home made trailer... but I also bought an 82" wide 16' utility trailer with one braked axle for 650 here in Texas...

Doug

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I MEANT TO SAY .......

IS THIS A GOOD PRICE......

YEAH THIS IS AFTER TAX AND REGISTRATION........:flipoff: DMV....

BEFORE THAT IT WAS 1395$$

·
Registered
11,647 Posts
For a new one it seems about right. I paid $1650 for a new 16ft with brakes on both axles and brakeaway system.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
I say shop around some more. Take that price to another lot and see what they can do for you. I think you can save a couple hundred dollars.

·
Does yer dewg bite?
5,664 Posts
I take it the Fj is not a daily driver anymore :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
4x4 Consultant
7,424 Posts
What ya goning to do tow it with that broken down camero:flipoff2:

Besides you shouldnt have tow to Hollister, thats just a nice little drive.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HEY VULVA :flipoff2: STILL GANNA DRIVE IT ..........JUST LOOKIN TO SEE WHAT I CAN GET.......

HEY YOU GET WHAT.........:flipoff2: ...FINALLY SOLD THE CAMARO........SELLING MY 4 RUNNER TOO .......PICKING UP MY EXTENDED CAB TONIGHT:D

I WENT TO LOOK AT A FEW TRAILERS .......WHAT A BUNCH OF CRAP......ANGLE IRON AND AXLES......

ILL PROBABLY MAKE MY OWN......SAVE ABOUT 1000$$

Attachments

·
Registered
602 Posts
What did you get for the camaro, if you don't mind sharing,
I just got a new project myself...61 Scout 80 33's glasspacks, get it.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1..........mmiiiiiiilllllllllllllllllliiiiiiiiiooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnn
dollars

na really like 8k......just wanted that thing outa here.....the motor needed to be pulled to replace the headgaskets and i didnt want to get my hands dirty:D

·
Does yer dewg bite?
5,664 Posts
Sweet truck :flipoff2: It'll be a nice change to have doors for you :D

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
71RCKCRZR RYAN said:

YEAH THIS IS AFTER TAX AND REGISTRATION........:flipoff: DMV....

BEFORE THAT IT WAS 1395$$
Yeah I know what you mean. California tax and the DMV will bend you over big time. That's one reason why I moved 6 years ago. I miss the desert and my freinds alot but I don't miss getting bent over whenever I want to do something. Here in Tennessee it's 25 buck's for tags nomatter what you have,a $150 pacer or a $50,000 truck is $25 bucks for tags. Trailers don't require tags unless it's for a commercial buisness:D :D

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
When I was shopping for trailers that was about the best price I found in Northern California. I ended up getting one from Aztex where they are made in SoCal It was 1350 out the door including tax and permanent registration same specs as yours. You can do similar in Carson City I hear.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Price sounds right on the trailer, but they are smokin crack on that controller. Buy a controller somewhere and post up in the towing forum. I will tell you how to put it in.

You may beat that trailer price at another lot, but don't expect a couple hundred dollars. Trailers don't have a great mark-up to begin with. You might see a $50-100 price break. Tell those guys that you will take that trailer, at that price, if they put brakes on the other axle.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Just bought a new Carson trailer paid $950 , $1150 out the door , no trailer brakes #7000 , I'll just add the brakes from a local shop for $140 do the work myself and call it good:)

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1BADROCKTOY..........WHERE WAS THAT AT.....??
PHONE##???

·
Registered
366 Posts
You might want to check what out you can buy at southwest They have decent prices, I got a second set of trailer brakes from them paid $70 a side. It included everything seals, bearings, cotter pin.

I got my controller. and the '03 GM wiring harness for $132. Install was plug in one side of connector to dash, plug in the other side of connector to prodigy

- Keith

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
1Badrocktoy said:
Just bought a new Carson trailer paid $950 , $1150 out the door , no trailer brakes #7000 , I'll just add the brakes from a local shop for $140 do the work myself and call it good:)
That's about the same price I paid for similar in FL. I suspect you can find one new w/o brakes for ~1K and put them on yourself easy enough.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts