Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cross-over

I got the rotating ball out, and stuck a 5/8s? inch bolt through it and when I tighten it all down, there's not a lick a play. I know I need spacers for the heims but this is pre-install tinkering. Will it work or do I need to do something else?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TTURokToy said:
I dont know much about heims, but wouldnt that bolt shear eing in a single shear setup?
Yeah, what you said!:flipoff2: J/K

I don't know why it would shear, that's how the guy had it when I bought it off him. Lots of people have looked but no responses.:confused:

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Looks kinda sketchy to me. I run the AllPro Heim Joint Hy-steer and with their Heim joint pitman arm I've never had a problem on that end of it.
Jeff

Attachments

·
Registered
24,641 Posts
TXLUGNUT said:

Yeah, what you said!:flipoff2: J/K

I don't know why it would shear, that's how the guy had it when I bought it off him. Lots of people have looked but no responses.:confused:
If the hiem joint itself fails, you are SOL w/out it being in double shear. Maybe not a HUGE deal on a trail only rig, but on pavement, it could get ugly.

http://128.83.80.200/taco/steering.html this should help and has a place to get the parts if you wish

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.