Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a "tubing bender" on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2406461249&category=6754

basically, it's got what looks like a bottle jack that drives the die into the tubing, which is held in place by 2 bars...this seems a little cheesy compared to most "real" tubing benders i've seen. Would it even be usefull to use on like 1" tubing for bumpers and the like?

Sorry if this doesn't qualify as 4x4 tech, but for like $20 someone might want to pick these up...the guy has a couple of them for sale

·
Registered
994 Posts
Will bend PIPE ok but not TUBE. H. F. has them for around 100 or so so 20-30 is a good deal if you are going to use pipe

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
Voltron said:
It's a "tubing bender" on ebay

No It's not....Ad states very clearly in the title.."12 Ton Hydraulic Pipe Bender No Reserve"......yes pipe, no being an ass, but you read it wrong, it will kink tube. And 1" for bumpers? WTF
:flipoff2: :flipoff2: Worth $20 but shipping is ..".Shipping is only $39.99" What BS, go to harbor Frieght and get one instead, I think they ship free?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah...that's what I thought...

thanks
:flipoff2:

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have one just like it and have used it for 2 years. It works ok but when bending tube you must ,I repeat MUST ,heat the tube while bending. If not, It will kink. I've bent up to 1.5 inch solid stock with it but I still heated it.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
So how does a tubing bender NOT kink the tube while the pipe does? A guy we bought some t-cases from showed me his sliders, which were bent with the same pipe bender, and you'd never know it wasn't done on a tubing bender. He didn't say anything about heating them.

a friend is trying to buy one of those pipe benders, and I don't have any better reason to tell him no other than "I know it's not right to use that"

·
Registered
427 Posts
Those Things Suck for Tube...Don't waste your money....

Just save up and buy a JD....They are worth the $$$$$$$$$$$

EEEEEeeer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts