Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have found a deal being sold localy and it includes:

4 link coilover conversion system made by Black Diamond, came off of a 1990 jeep has everything you need, belly pan, all links and shocks by fox includes axels fitted with 4.88 gears and driveshafts, and 37x13.50.15 superswamper tires with 90% tread left and no dry rot whatsoever, and weld racing wheels 15x10 in the stone crusher model.

Does that sound like a deal? I would be putting it on my CJ7.
The axles have 5 5.5 bolt pattern. The rear axle looks like a 14 blt or maybe a D60, the front is a D60.

The look like they are in great condition.

He wants $1800 for it.

Is it worth the money? I would not use the coild over I would sell them, how much $$$ is that worth?

And if I decided to not use this stuff at all could I get my money back?

Let me know.

·
Non-Lemming
78,528 Posts
What axles ? The stock axles on a 1990 didn't have 5 on 5.5 lug pattern.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a 14 blt (D60) rear with 5 5.5 bolt pattern, D60 front with 5 5.5 bolt pattern.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There not locked.

I figured the 37's with the wheels gotta cost that on there own.

I just want to see if I buy them can I sell them and break even.

I just don't want to waste the money. I would probably keep the axles and tires for my CJ7 but as for the coil-overs, I would sell them.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just talked to the owner and he said that the coil-overs is a complete kit for a YJ wrangler. It has a 4 link F/R and the are Dana 60's F/R.

He said that he believe that there are lockers.
I was thinking of going down there and taking the fill plug off and looking in there with my flashlight to see if there is one or not.

He said that there in great shape.
He also sid that the susp sysatem cost $4000 bucks new. I was thinking of buying it and keeping the tires and axles but selling for rest.

Could I get around $1500 for the coil-over susp?

I really need to know ASAP.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Think I'll Pass

I just found out that the difs on the wrong side for my D20 t-case.

Can you flip an axle and still have it owrking well? Or should I find a different t-case.:confused:

The thing is I want to have no more than $500 bucks into this. So by selling the coil-overs on ebay I plan around $1800. If I get that then I can break even. I would need to find a t-case with an adapter to my C-4.:shaking:

I am really up in the air on this one, I fell like I should forget it.:(

·
Non-Lemming
78,528 Posts
I just found out that the difs on the wrong side for my D20 t-case.

Can you flip an axle and still have it owrking well? Or should I find a different t-case.:confused:

The thing is I want to have no more than $500 bucks into this. So by selling the coil-overs on ebay I plan around $1800. If I get that then I can break even. I would need to find a t-case with an adapter to my C-4.:shaking:

I am really up in the air on this one, I fell like I should forget it.:(
No, you can't just flip the front axle over. I still say buy the whole bunch of
stuff. Sell the front and buy another D60 front with the pumpkin on the
passenger side.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't got the money till the end of the month so I'm going to have to let this deal pass by.

It's on the local craigslist.com it was put on sep 25.

I would love to do this deal but I got hit today with a unexpected $1000 dollar bill.

Well hope one of you get it!
You know what they say, there is a good deal every week.

I can get the link for you guys if you can't find it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Looks like a great opportunity to upgrade to 60s and coil overs cheap if you have the $$$. A better Xfer case always sound good. It sounds almost too good. Take a knowledgable friend along. Whay wouldn't you keep the Black Diamong coil over kit?

·
Registered
697 Posts
Dude slow down. You have no idea what you are doing, what you need or which way is up. I checked the ad. My guess is you would have been disappointed with that deal. Maybe lost some money as well.

Find out how to tell the difference between a D60, 14bolt, 10bolt, d44, d30 ect. Relying on sellers to tell you what they are selling is foolish. Most don't know what they have.

Figure out what kind of wheeling you are going to do and then figure out what you need to do it. Junk yards will be your friend, when you know what you need. It takes a while to figure it all out and build something that works. You need to study.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
^^ That's what I thought!^^

I'll "study" and find me a deal that works for my setup when I'm all good and ready.

Thanks for the info and help.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts