Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We Did the sas and now the odometer wont read and the tranny is shifting hard. Its a 2k ranger with the stock rear axel and the vss still connected. We left the front sensors disconnected. We need to know which sensor works for the odometer and the tranny or which wiring to jumper?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,136 Posts
I say y'all throw it in the gutter... :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Come awn no answers on the POR for a basic ranger question?

Doug
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,506 Posts
the vss on the trans should be for the speedo. the sensors on the axles should be for any auto 4wd tcases, etc.

Other than that I can't help, sorry.

I don't possibly see how the trans could be affected. They are all electronic so i really don't get it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
michigander said:
the vss on the trans should be for the speedo. the sensors on the axles should be for any auto 4wd tcases, etc.

Other than that I can't help, sorry.

I don't possibly see how the trans could be affected. They are all electronic so i really don't get it.
Thanks! But this truck doesnt have a vss in the tail housing of the t-case it has a solid plug there.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,786 Posts
Did you jump tire sizes too?

Find a local speedo shop, They can tweak your VSS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
welndmn said:
Did you jump tire sizes too?

Find a local speedo shop, They can tweak your VSS
Nope... same size tires... 35"'s.. We replaced the sensor and its still not working... The rear just has the pearches moved foward. the wiring never got touched...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,716 Posts
The sensors on the front axle should only be for the ABS, anyway.:confused:
Got me.

See if theres any fault codes you can pull dealing with the tranny. If its acting up, there should be some. Might give you a starting point.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
701 Posts
Rock Puppy said:


They are all :gay: they dont know.....



sayings like that is probliy why we dont clue dipshits like you in
on what the problim is :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,136 Posts
whoi is this ***? :flipoff2:

Nothing fixes itself... I knoiw this ain't Adam...so who is it?

Doug
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Doug K said:
whoi is this ***? :flipoff2:

Nothing fixes itself... I knoiw this ain't Adam...so who is it?

Doug
Well it looks like a possible WAS a pinched line....


BTW every time I go to the ranger station I get bs answers from them so fawk um... :rolleyes:

My name is Brian.... :flipoff2:
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top