Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a few updated pics of my build:

It will all be camo, of course, and I'll do sheet metal work to get the Scout lines including stretching the tub back so it envelops the back of the cage and squaring off the cowling to match the hood. I'm even going to use my old Scout tailgate and the Scout tail lights. So, it will look so similar no one will really be able to tell :D

So, feel free to vote for me in TTC ;)

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
did you have to do that to the poor scout? :flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
OK, now that's just fawk'n wrong, you should be banned for that :barf: :barf: :barf:

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL. Atleast I put the Scout on the front part (the leading edge) of the rig :D

·
Premium Member
5,991 Posts
You already have my vote!

Looks a little like a long nose Commando;)

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah it'll be done. I'll be driving it at the latest Sunday or Monday. I had hoped for Saturday, but that's asking alot especially since I have a 10:50 appointment at the DMV tomorrow to renew it and register the Bug. We'll see how much I can really get done in the next few days

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh yeah. The motor is in. I had to make a 1/4" spacer to go between the motor and bellhousing cause it just didn't like the higer forks on the heavy duty pressure plate. The front is tubed, the front passenger part of the cage is done, the Fuel Cell is in place and will be strapped in tomorrow. The steering is all done except being attached to the dash. Got the master cyclinders for the brakes and clutch in place, the gas pedal is in place along with the cable and a bunch of other things.

I need to make a pedal assembly that can work around my steering and such, a new dash, wire it all up, fix a rear link I broke with my impact, body work to make it more squared like my old Scout, mount shocks, run gas and brake lines, and all the cleanup from the SHITTY welds I've been laying down lately.

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TPIJeep said:
I guess you have understanding neighbors like I do ??? :flipoff2:
Yep. Neighbors are great. I only wish one would move out so I can move into his full on shop (floor hoist even) and two bed attached house. :D :D :D :D

·
Poseur SUV
23,695 Posts
I like the way that turned out. :smokin: Seems to me that the Scout is pulling the Jeep though. ;)

·
Registered
955 Posts
Paul Gagnon said:
Seems to me that the Scout is pulling the Jeep though. ;)
Isn't that the way it always is? :flipoff2:

·
Registered
14,282 Posts
Curtis said:
LOL. Atleast I put the Scout on the front part (the leading edge) of the rig :D
Definitely better than a scout body with a jeep front end!

Dude, that thing is FUGLY! I'm actually digging it a lot more now! I'ts coming out pretty sweet. I can't wait to see pics of the finished product!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts