Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend brought one of these to our family reunion.
We had much fun and reinforced a lot of what we already new (particularly reaction time).

It allowed novice shooters to get coaching, in doors, at night, and allows the person coaching to stand in front to assist.

The part I liked the best was reaction time.
Set it to where you react to the buzzer. We didn't have a holster, so we were holding the pistol at our hip. Average time from about 15' was 1.5 seconds on a silhouette target that size of a sheet of paper. One shot, full presentation, 1.5 seconds.

The second method is to start shooting off the hip, and shoot as you bring it up to full presentation. That resulted in 3 shots in 1.5 seconds and usually hits with one of the first two shots.

We also reacted with the pistol pointed at the target, shoot on the beep.
About 0.5 seconds from beep to fire. That showed how fast you can be disarmed before shooting. A half second is an eternity.

The system costs $100, you get one firing pin activated laser bullet, upload the ap on your phone. Plug your phone into the stand, connect to TV, adjust on target, and have fun.

The down side is that I am now looking for a double action auto pistol (like beretta 92 to dedicate to this.

https://www.itargetpro.com/

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Nice. I'd rather see them come out with a "laser module" and then $10-$20 cartridge adapters as I have 5 pistols that are all different calibers. You could argue this would hurt their bottom line, but how many people buy multiple kits as is?

My main carry gun is also SA, so it wouldn't work for follow up shots, but the first one counts. Do striker-fired pistols work with this with multiple trigger pulls? Need to dry fire the wife's Glock, I don't own any striker-fired guns.

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We were using a Beretta 92F. That allows us to shoot from the hip and keep snapping shots as you present.

A single action pistol would limit your ability to practice certain techniques.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I have seen a few articles/advertisements about this system in the past, and forgot about it. I may have to buy it.

·
Registered
8,026 Posts
I love this, especially for my wife (always a helpful excuse to buy toys!) to get her more comfortable with handling and manipulating the gun. It would allow her to focus on the mechanics and not be thinking of the discharge/recoil.

As stated above, I hate how much each cartridge costs and for that reason I have not purchased a setup yet. I may still as I realize a cartridge is less than a couple boxes of ammo, but perhaps they will hear this enough and offer something that is modular across several calibers in the near future.

That or Banggood will sell a knock-off for a fifth of the price :laughing:

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can you adjust where the laser "hits" (offset electronically) relative to the sights in any way?
I don't think so. We noted that at 20', it was slightly right. I am talking in the 8 ring right, but that is nothing on a target that small.

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Something I noted is the a moderate amount of beer didn't have a noticeable affect on my times, but it did my accuracy :laughing:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Dammit, are you guys going to end up costing me the target and a pistol? All mine are single action or striker fired. I guess I could buy a bunch of emitters for one of my revolvers. ..

·
Premium Member
8,701 Posts
Shit I didn't know I needed, now I don't know if I can live without.

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
UPS dropped mine off a couple hours ago and haven't stopped using it. I can ABSOLUTELY see it as a legitimate training tool. It certainly makes you aware of anything resembling a flinch and brings the breathing basics to the front of your mind quickly. I now have to get the quick draw app as I can certainly see value in that. Bottom line, thanks for the suggestion and I would recommend it to anyone serious about shooting...or just competitive by nature.:smokin:

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
One more thing...I used my CZ P-07, CZ 75, and Sig 229 and it is FANTASTIC for really being able to evaluate triggers head to head as well!!!

·
Registered
582 Posts
I was in the process of buying this until the shipping cost came up as $15.41 with no other options. I don't give a shit about 15 bucks but it pisses me off when companies charge stupid amounts for shipping. Just charge what you want for the product you're selling.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I was in the process of buying this until the shipping cost came up as $15.41 with no other options. I don't give a shit about 15 bucks but it pisses me off when companies charge stupid amounts for shipping. Just charge what you want for the product you're selling.
I agree with this point. But buy it--it's a blast.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts