Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Dinkerdoodledoo
9,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
  1. I have PHP templates to use for banners, similiar to what's here. Where do you want them loaded?
  2. We have permission to use rigs from Pirate. I'd prefer to keep them to the famouser ones... Tiny, JR's Fat City Bronco, White Knight, etc... there are some great ideas on that thread I linked:http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=622712
  3. We also have permission to use our vendors. I'd like to see BlueTorch Fab, Trent Fab, RuffStuff, AtoZ and any others.

·
Premium Member
17,784 Posts
As far as advertisers go, I'd like to use Interco Tires, Maxxis tires, Alloy USA, Precision Gear, Blue Torch, Polyperformance, Shaffer's Offroad, Marlin Crawler, Poison Spyder, Twisted Customs, Drivetrain Outlet, Roundeyes.com, PRP, Powertank, Warn, Tom Wood's Custom Driveshafts, and Staun. You can use the Fabschool as a fab training school...

Edit - Spidertrax too. I will probably add more later if there's room.

·
Lurking since 1956
10,417 Posts
Ok, the vendors will make it easier to make the mods, parts/weapons and sliders,etc/armor for the rigs. Adding the vendor/manufacturer should add a nice touch. John will be making most of those when we get the admin panel up. This is rather easy for me, there are so many quotes from members from over the years. I'm sure once the game is in testing there will be a lot more ideas. I'm actually having fun at this for once. Lance, always adding more schools and stuff will keep the game interesting. I talked to John about not trying to put everything up right away so it is not too confusing to start out. If the game is too involved right away it may turn some people off. With us making the code from scratch the possibilities are endless.

·
Dinkerdoodledoo
9,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Dinkerdoodledoo
9,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hey i dont know how the ads will wokr you want me to just leave you a page thats included in the header for the ads? or how do you want to work this?

I can build it into the db for the game or u can add it when we hand the code over to you?

·
Premium Member
17,784 Posts
Guys, there are templates that you can simply call with a PHP call, if you'd like (I'd PREFER that, actually to keep the site continuity).

Top template:
PHP:
<?php 
include("/home/lance/pirate4x4.com/templates/revised_top.php");
?>
Bottom Template:
PHP:
<?php 
include("/home/lance/pirate4x4.com/templates/revised_bottom.php");
?>

·
Lurking since 1956
10,417 Posts
Thanks Lance, I was kinda leading John to see what you wanted there. I didn't want to "ask" for the code. Site sure is acting strange, can't add a smiley thing. Maybe it's just the last update from Firefox, :shrug:

·
Lurking since 1956
10,417 Posts
I went through the thread and got the best pics. We're ok for the comp rigs but we need some mild rigs and a few daily driver/wheelers. I've spent so long in chit chat I'm not up on what the guys are running LOL. I'd like to have 8-10 of each so everyone isn't running the same rig. What do you think about players using their own rig(upload a pic) for the lower two classes, then choose from the comp rigs for the upper class. I guess we may do a Ftoy class as well?

·
Dinkerdoodledoo
9,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lance, sounds like a good idea...

I'd do it but I am not an Admin there.

·
Lurking since 1956
10,417 Posts
Yea, it's best if one of you guys do it so I don't have to post something and get PM'd . It's hard because sometimes I would like to get some info. Another thing you could do is start a favorite pirate quotes thread. We can use some of them for error messages and other things in the code.

·
Registered
171 Posts
You can start adding items

ill add a few classes for items to go into itll be

class 1
class 2
class 3
class 4
universal

and u can customize the text later since i dont know what dave has invisioned for this yet .. for universal universal is for parts, meds that work for any class of the rigs

btw if u can gets some items up so i can get an idea of what all there will be (item types for example) and so on so i can start programing the pages

BTW Admin panel will be done before any other pages are done... Since the pages are normaly very simple for the most part and dont require you to be able to delete, edit and create stuff...

anyways just giving you a heads up

store stock will also be added shortly so u can start adding stuff to the stores...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.