Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, good enough to get it on the trailer. I have a big hit list to finish up before Saturday but I will be out testing no matter what.

We'll see how long this muffler lasts :D

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
Hey, did you notice that someone snuck a pair of coilovers in back there?

Looks great... The rearend looks GREAT... a lot better - not to mention, lighter. :grinpimp:

·
Registered
57 Posts
well i've checked in on your site from time to time over the last year or so and i have seen the evolution. it's great to see somebody who really enjoys thier hobby. lets see some pics after you take it out.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
KILLER! that is a sweet rig. can't wait to see the trail pic's an hear about how it works.

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
High5 said:
KILLER! that is a sweet rig. can't wait to see the trail pic's an hear about how it works.
Thanks guys, I am stoked to get to drive it again, it hasn't seen trail dust since January. The passenger seat had a little run in with some weld sparks :emb: It's at home with a patched cover waiting to go in.

·
Registered
377 Posts
damn, that turned out nice.

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
Looks good, Where's my seat?

What's the final weight?
Give us a list of specs.

·
Registered
238 Posts
You changed your front-end again too!!!
Looks better now..
btw. is your front bumper 2x4"? It's hard to tell by the pics.
And did you just weld a 1/4" winch plate accross the top of the frame rails and bumper?

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ZuksRule said:
You changed your front-end again too!!!
Looks better now..
btw. is your front bumper 2x4"? It's hard to tell by the pics.
And did you just weld a 1/4" winch plate accross the top of the frame rails and bumper?
There are some some pics of the front bumper on my site somewhere, look for the winch mounting info. If I remember right it was a 2 x 4 piece of steel, we notched it an inch so the winch would sit a little lower. Behind the bumper is a piece of angle iron which is what the winch mounts to.

Specs:

1.6 16v installed, first time messing with that much wiring, also installed a hi-pressure fuel pump and lines. Using a Zuk 3 core radiator.
Full hydro steering, 2" bore ram, Spirdertrax P/S pump bracket w/ AGR pump, cooler, filter and soon to be 1 gallon reservoir.
102" wheelbase, 4 link suspension w/ coilovers. Running 100 lb/90lb coils.
New dash
Front end got some new leafs, the others were two years old and in pretty sad shape.
Zags cut and turned the front knuckles about 5.5 degrees. Front diff was shaved, gusset moved up top and longfields installed along with a front axle rebuild kit.
Don't know the weight yet but I am real interested in finding out myself.

Can't believe those upgrades took 3 months but there is a lot of little stuff that needs to be taken care of. For instance, when I went to mount my cooler I discovered I didn't have any place to weld mounting tabs behind the grill, above the winch. I put a cross bar in there and didn't like how it looked with my old front hoop. I ended up going back to my original plan and ended up with the front hoop I have now. I do like it better, the last one was kind of a throw it on at the last minute kind of thing, then when I ran out of time towards the end of that phase I just left it on.

·
Registered
144 Posts
sweet!!! lookin forward to some action shots, i bet the first one will be of you ripping off that tail pipe though! :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts