Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wheelin' season has begun, and the jeep did well for a shakedown run. The Taurus fan kept it at a svelt 190 all day until the amp draw surpassed the amps produced by the alternator. No real poser shots, maybe next time.

Carbs will run at 90 degrees, even after the oil pressure drops to 0lbs and the lifters go into clack mode.

·
Registered
764 Posts
why is it, you always have pics with a fat topless guy in them? It's like you're wheelin in Alabama or some chit.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The guy standing is just a medium burly half naked guy. He's only aboout 6'2" and 225. I'm every bit of 6'4" and an oreo cookie shy of 300 lbs.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
It's a holley 650 double pumper toploader. I just jetted it, dropped the floats, put a high loss, (low hg) power valve, and the right accelerator cams and it runs pretty good. I also built a tube with small holes on top from float bowl vent to float bowl vent.

Another pic:

·
Premium Member
3,238 Posts
Where in socal were those pics taken?

·
Premium Member
78,528 Posts
montezuma said:
Where in socal were those pics taken?

Right near is place in Desert Hot Springs.............................. IIRC.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What Gary said...Desert Hot Springs...We took it easy as it was the first run of the season, just followed a wash that was cleaned out real good by a flash flood. There are sand dunes, big rocks, washes and dry mud hills there too. Nice place. The guy with the camo jeep graded his back 40 for our motorhomes, installed electricity and hose bibs so we can camp in his back yard. We never even have to touch pavement to wheel.

·
Premium Member
3,238 Posts
Cool, thanks.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Aww man I can't wait to go back in less than 2 weeks. That campfire and those trails are calling me name. I'm jonesing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts