Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked this up for the axle side of my upper wishbone. I'll be using spring eye bushings on the frame side.

They were out of the Rodend I ordered but Oh shucks they gave me the heat treated chromolly one for the same price. At least thats what my buddy said.

So they say that they can't survive to much side load.
Think this end will hold up OK under the rear of my CJ?

The rearend I'm using held up fine in a race truck for three seasons with the same size rod end.Not sure how much side load was applied since the upper A he had was used with leafs.

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm building this thing around my wifes driving style.

Might not even put brakes in it.
Just an extra gas pedal for when the wife runs out:D

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
If your worried about side loads, mount it with a vertical pin and it won’t be an issue. That’ll be much stronger to handle the side loads and axle torque. Should have way more than enough misalignment for vertical travel too.

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well since my housing was given to me all ready Fabbed up with the bolt set in a horizontal fasion I'm gonna run it that way until it breaks.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I have no idea what that thing is rated for in that direction, it may be plenty. But I would personally want it flat for a wishbone location link. <shrug> Would it be that hard to change mount?

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BadDog said:
I have no idea what that thing is rated for in that direction, it may be plenty. But I would personally want it flat for a wishbone location link. <shrug> Would it be that hard to change mount?
I'm not disagreeing with you about the the verical mount being better in a situation where side load is present.

I can save my self an hour and a half by not changing the mount.

If I break it a year from now well heck the rod end was probably getting worn out anyway.

You can kinda see the rear housing in this picture.
Most of what you see is the mess in my garage:D

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Monkeyboy said:
I'm building this thing around my wifes driving style.

Might not even put brakes in it.
Just an extra gas pedal for when the wife runs out:D
So rockwells and 33's to help hold it together :D I learned my lesson, keep a min distance of 10' feet to avoid being run over

·
Registered
32,458 Posts
I got some plate, we'll weld it to the bottom then I'll hardface it for ya. We'll just call it a plow then

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good thing I didn't post this in chit chat.

One of them fawkers would have Photochopped a horse dong into my hand already.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Monkeyboy said:
They were out of the Rodend I ordered but Oh shucks they gave me the heat treated chromolly one for the same price. At least thats what my buddy said.

So they say that they can't survive to much side load.
Think this end will hold up OK under the rear of my CJ?

The rearend I'm using held up fine in a race truck for three seasons with the same size rod end.Not sure how much side load was applied since the upper A he had was used with leafs.
Where did you get it from? - that looks to be pretty close to what I needed a little while back for my 3 link and will need for my MB project... Thanks

Matt

1 - 20 of 20 Posts