Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Desert Rat
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a day!:p

Finally got my new springs on the 45 last Monday. Rides like a dream, especially compared to the 42 year old stockers that were boosted on add-a leafs for the last 12 years.:shaking:

This should give me enough extra room to add on the sliders under the cab.

Rear springs are 5" Alcans, one inch higher than the fronts, to accomodate camping loads without squatting. Also helps when the aux tank is full.

Attachments

·
Desert Rat
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I spent Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday wondering just how much room I've got under the sheetmetal with all that lift. 37s? 39s? I dunno, just looks like a heck of a lot of room.

Called my boy Thursday and told him to pull the 35s off the K5 for a look-see at how the other half of the landcruiser world lives!

Whadda ya think?

Attachments

·
Desert Rat
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fronts of course have a bit more room than the rear, and cutting the wheelwells is NOT an option!

Attachments

·
Desert Rat
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BTW, a big shout goes out to 65fj45, who inspired this. I was on the fence about lift options until I saw his 45 again at the 45 run in Sept.

When I called Alcan and they started asking me a million questions about specs, I told 'em 'just make 'em like Galloni's. They knew EXACTLY what to do.:cool2:

·
Registered
697 Posts
Very nice Mark, You'll love the Alcans. Your 3spd is going to hate you:D

·
Desert Rat
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
556 Posts
34" X 9.50 X 16" LTB's! there ya go...that would look pretty sweet...

sheesh now I'm thinking about 35's...wait wait...no turbo yet...:laughing:

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Looks SWEET .... welcome to the dark side ... even if its just for the day :grinpimp:

p.s. what happened to the bed it didnt look like that at Round up

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Mark what V8 is going in to it? I have a good sm465 for you. Oh I almost for got, What do you have for axles? & Power steering. Thats all for now:flipoff2:

Looks good Mark.

·
Desert Rat
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
THAT looks nice Mark! I know you dont need it but it does look good!

Chris:cool2:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts