Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I sold my 40 in July I knew that I would be replacing it with something else to take on the hard trails duty. I went through several possibilities.....another 40, a 45 truggy, a minitruck, a 4Runner....

after looking at several trucks and nearly pulling the trigger on a bitchin 4Runner, I ended up deciding on going with a minitruck.

I should be finalizing the sale today. It's just a matter of exchanging the money. It's a '93 4cyl reg cab, SAS, 4.88's, rear LSD, 4" Allpros, 35's, fiberglass fenders, stock otherwise.

Seems to be a great place to start. I'll be ordering parts for a Marlin dual ultimate case this week as well as Longfields/chromo inners, ARB's, 5.29s, hi-pinion front, V6 rear and new tires. I'm planning on keeping the bed for now but it will get bobbed this winter. Also making plans for a seat cradle with rear facing, kid sized, 4point racing seats in the back for the boys (now 4 and 2). The 80 will still handle most of the family wheeling and the minitruck will get all the hard stuff.

For Cruiser content.....our club had our annual rally on Saturday. Approx 85 mile course in northern Utah. I was in the 80 and at one point we had 3 feet of air under the entire pass. side of the truck. :eek: Drifting an 80 is a strange feeling.....but cool. At another point I had the truck completely sideways through a corner (narrowly avoiding another roll) and barely missing a 100series coming the other way. That was scary.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Nicely done!

Another cruiser owner goes over to the dark side!

(once you start down the dark path, foreve will it rule your destiny)

I still have my 82 which has become a trailer queen and absolutely love my 85 4Runner (for the family).

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Replacement for 40

Looks good Adam. Whats this dark side nonsense Tony? You've been talking to Mudrak havent you? I loved my 40 for over 25 years but the Mini is just fine for now. Later, Bo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts