Pirate 4x4 banner

Ive got it torn down, anything else I should do while its this far?

859 views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  klif02 
I throw the cases together, put the trans in and then attach the cases. Its hard but you can do all that on your own if you have to. Just need a couple sinch straps.

As for any tricks while you are out... cut the hole in the floor for the extra case. Replace the t-case output seal. Put the front d-shaft flange in the back and the back flange in the front.... since you will be using the cv in back and non cv in front. Also, if you remove the cv-sheild from the case, shim it with a washer when you put it back together. I've heard of problems developing if you don't. Can't think of anything else. If your donor case is 79-80 grind off the extra splines on the ticase input or it will destroy your w56.

With the trans on, just let it hang. It should give you enough room with the wobbley. If you need to make it easier, pull the rear of the trans down. That force won't kill your motor mounts unless they are almost dead already. I don't have a body lift either...goog choice! I am going flat bottom soon so my t-cases will double as an arm rest. Now if they only came with a cup holder.

It helps to use 1/2" drive. it will place the socket more closely to to the bolt on those top two.

Did they get the SST's got those snap rings in the t-case. Man that would be nice.

Your RTV will be fine. When I spoke with Marlin a while back he says they don't use any gaskets on anything - just grey rtv...imo its the least offensive smelling too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.