Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Head...well that seems to be the problem with these helmets, I work as a welder in the chemical industry fabbing pipe and pressure vessells. A few of the guys in my shop have or had these and all bitch about the headband/hinge of the hood. It seems with the small lense that it's hard to flip it down and have the thing in the right field of vision. I have a Speedglass and with the adjustable lens shade, auto off and manual feature which is a must outdoors around stainless glare. I say save the bucks and get the good one..."Speedglass" and be $$$ ahead in the end.

·
Registered
7,957 Posts
HEAD said:
http://www.jacksonproducts.com/catalog/singledisplay.asp?username=&category=Welding&version=consumer&id=912

It seems kind of new and I'm wondering if anyone has used or heard anything about it? What's the best way to go..solar or battery powered. Sorry for the questions, I'm new with this auto dark thing.

Thanks
HEAD
Ive been using my Jackson helmet for about 2 years now and have had any problems....I like mine

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanks for the input. I'm just doing mig, and it's just going to be a hobby for me. I'm trying to save money on features that I don't need, but I definately want to keep my eyes safe.

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
What's the price? I ordered a Harbor Frieght one and it's on backorder until the middle/end of March :mad:

If it's price is similar, I'll cancel my order.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I found it at a place here in Phx. for $99.99. I've been looking at an "arc one" helmet from Praxair too. It's on sale for 133.00. It's a #10 shade-non adjustable solar power.

·
Premium Member
9,335 Posts
I would get at least a decent one. when i bought mine there were 3 to choose from. ok good and better. I was going to get the good one but instead saved up for another week and got the better one. I am happy with it. Unless i am doing tricking spots or angles i still sometimes preffer the reg mask. just nice to know its def there.

dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts