Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 187 Posts

· Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well.... I've been working on the heap for a couple of years now and Maybe its time to post up some of the stuff I've been up to.

started as a stock 94 YJ.... 2 years ago.

Stock height on 31's

LOL... looked good....

and since then...

I have lifted it with a BDS 3 1/2" and added a 2" shackle lift as well to net 5 1/2" in the suspension.

Trimmed the rear fenders to fit 35's and installed TJ rear flares.

I have also redone the rear frame and replaced the stock fan with a taurus 2 speed fan

A picture as it stood spring 2009.

· Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Taurus Fan

Wiring diagram I used...

I modified this from an existing diagram that I recieved from Pirate. The original did not do the trick. But the modifications corrected the problem.

I will never will forget that I have the system off...

· Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My latest Modification was the 8.8 that I put in. Love this build.

I shaved it as well as a truss....

I took advantage of making the perches myself and slid the axle back an inch when I installed it.

the center holes are just incase I decide to return it to stock location in the future.

A couple shots of the shave

and the truss....

· Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My next project is the front frame... it begins on Saturday and will consist of a shackle reversal and a 3" stretch.

I am replacing the Stock steering box with a Toyota box as well.

Materials were picked up yesterday for the Job...

· Registered
10,605 Posts
Wow. Right up my alley. I'm going to need to do the same exact thing to the rear of my frame that you did. That's something that I'm not going to be able to weld myself since I haven't welded enough to trust myself with something like that. I'm teetering between looking at a 4Runner or doing some major rework on my YJ. If you were unable to weld up the frame like you did, would it have been worth it for you to have someone else do it? Is it something you'd recomend? Thanks. Nice work. =]

· Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
^ that all depends on how much you love your Jeep....

There are guys around this area that can do this type of repair for 2-3 Hundred dollars.

But if you can weld decent I would conquer it yourself. I can put up more pictures if you like.

· Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
more pics as requested...

we used a template to make up the ends. I have no pics of it but if requested I think I still have it.

the frame was cut in the this shape.

I used 2" x 4" 3/16" wall for the new frame. it slips into the existing frame

the center rail that runs from side to side is 2"x3" makes the rear frame good and strong.

I also put on tabs at either end for the rear body mounts.

it is also a completely sealed unit. nothing will get into it.

thats all folks... :grinpimp:

the front frame starts saturday... I'm stoked...

· Registered
10,605 Posts
I'm bookmarking this topic. I appreciate the additional pics. I took a video of my frame and its still uploading; been uploading for a few hours now. So tomorrow it'll be done. I'm looking at your frame where you welded to and that is kind of concerning me with my frame. Its, uh, pretty shot all the way through. It won't be long until what I'm welding the new section of frame to, that will need to be replaced. Heh, at the going rate in ten years my entire frame will be like a lego kit. I think I'm just going to toss my junk up on CL minus the winch and see what hits I get on it. Kills me to do it, but I think its for the best.

Great work on your YJ though.

1 - 20 of 187 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.