Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
OG13 King
7,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are some pics of our run up FOL at this year's Tin Bender Jamboree.
Our group, with six capable rigs, took about 3 hours to get through the short trail. It's not particularly difficult, but having a lot of power will help as the trail's climb is steep and loose in places.
So what's the big deal and why is it rated one of the tougher trails?
At the end of this "trail", there is a rather large "Easter egg" rock that needs to be traversed. No way around it, and it doesn't lend good traction so lot's of tire speed and a good bump is needed.
The other deal about climbing this rock is that while driving it, you will need to negotiate a big nasty crack on the left and a rather exposed drop off on the right, all done while under the nebulous traction of peeling out tires.
Things happen fast, be ready to grab reverse! :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,468 Posts
looks like fun yet again and yet again I had to miss this great event. Hopefully next year

·
OG13 King
7,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
In this series of pics, ROOFER got a little to far to the right and smashed into a rock at the top that he couldn't see. The event almost caused him to slide over the edge :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Nice pics JR...

Good to meet everyone and we had a blast...

Man that last pic is crazy ... We left to get another yoke when the orange s&n buggy climed.....

·
Registered
7,592 Posts
He was kinda plunking along until the rest of our group mobbed him, called him a pussy and throwed beer bottles at him. Then he started gettin it! :laughing:
lol, great pics, thanks

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Sweet pictures. Fred was trying to describe FOL to us on Monday and I could only chuckle at the sarcastic intent of the name.

Looks like a lot fun, wish I could have finished my junk and made it out to the Jambo.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Great Pics. that's a nasty last obstacle.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts