Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just finished putting my model 3 together and started playing with some scrap tube. now to get a bend going i needed to stick a 4 foot bar over the hand to get the needed leverage to get some results. by the way i was bending 1.75" .120 HREW.

is there a coating on the little 'feet' that needs to wear off before it slides a little easier?

ps. i did use grease too.

need help before i go hydro.

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
AndrewH said:
i just finished putting my model 3 together and started playing with some scrap tube. now to get a bend going i needed to stick a 4 foot bar over the hand to get the needed leverage to get some results. by the way i was bending 1.75" .120 HREW.

is there a coating on the little 'feet' that needs to wear off before it slides a little easier?

ps. i did use grease too.

need help before i go hydro.
I use a 4ft bar, can bend 1 5/8 x .120 wall with one arm straining, two is a piece of cake. If you need a longer bar I'd suggest hitting the gym ;)

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
If I can bend 1.75 x 0.120 with the factory handle (5'-11" 150 pounds soaking wet), you folks must be super pussies :flipoff2: It's not that hard at all I didn't think.

Ask MattS, he's done far more since we did mine.

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
6''3'' 250 lbs 2'' .120 dom bends like butta :flipoff2:

·
Registered
115 Posts
I know that this sounds funny but are you pushing or pulling the cheater bar? If your pushing (here is a towel to wipe the sweat off of your forhead) If your pulling I think Camo put it Like Butta
Keith

·
Registered
32,458 Posts
Bones said:
If I can bend 1.75 x 0.120 with the factory handle (5'-11" 150 pounds soaking wet), you folks must be super pussies :flipoff2: It's not that hard at all I didn't think.

Ask MattS, he's done far more since we did mine.
You're talking the 5" section that is held by the bolts that also hold the bender to the stand and also holds the ratchet right?

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
mike said:

You're talking the 5" section that is held by the bolts that also hold the bender to the stand and also holds the ratchet right?
:confused: Huh? No the 4'~ handle that you can buy with the JD2. No cheater bar needed on the end of that. Re-reading your original sounds like you usedthe same/similar setup....Could something be setup wrong with it? Typing out loud here

·
Registered
32,458 Posts
That handles an option ;) Im assuming thats what his "cheater" is ;)

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
I assumed he was taking about the stubby piece on the bender as well. Not the 4' handle that you bolt on.

Oh an ATF works awesome to keep nice smooth bends. It's the only way we could bend 1.25" x .049 Chrom.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
A 3 ft bar works best for me! Use your legs and arms, a good workout wont hurt ya!! Make sure you cuss at it too, it will bend a bit easier! :flipoff2:

·
Registered
130 Posts
While I have never tested it, I would believe that pulling your rig up and using the winch would really go a long way to ease those bends.:flipoff2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts