Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just getting started on a home built tube bender based around the JD2 model 32 dies have have a quick question. What is the diameter of the pins for the main rotation of the die itself, the drive pin, and the follower block pin? I know JD2 site says 1.25, but is that for all of them? That doesn't seem right just basing on pictures so I just wanted to double check. I dont have my dies yet but want to get started on the bender ASAP! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Coincidentally I was looking for the same info for the Pro-Tools 105 model bender dies. I actually have a Woodward Fab WFB2 bender and need a 1-1/4" pipe die set, and Pro-Tools has one that "looks" like it will work, and costs wayyy less than what Woodward Fab wants for theirs. If anybody knows the info for the Pro-Tools die sets (pin sizes, radial distance from the center pin - to - drive pins), that would be great.

·
Registered
150 Posts
So it turns out the answer is Yes for my question. I called Pro-Tools and they did not want to give out measurement info since it's "proprietary", but then it occurred to me to call Woodward Fab and ask if they are cross-compatible since they also sell the Pro-Tools die sets on their website, and they confirmed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts