Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Man Child
24,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in the instructions it says to use the two 3/4" bolts and the mouting block to bolt the bender down to your mounting surfact. It doesn't say anything about the huge like 1" stud on the other end of that arm. Do you bolt down that end also? If not what is that big threaded stud for?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Anyone have a pic of how theirs is mounted. I am gonna order mine hopefully next week.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts

Not really clear.. but I just drilled some 2x2x.250" box tubing and mounted the bender to it. The nuts are inside the tubing.

Now it slides into the receiver hitch on my shop cart, or my truck..

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I just used a piece of 1/4 plate and drilled 3 holes in it for the bender, 2 for the 3/4 studs and one for the 1" stud. Then welded the plate to a 2x4x3/16 box tube. Welded the other end to another 1/4 plate and drilled, and bolted the bastard down. Works great. I have the degree wheel but i never use it :(

·
Premium Member
1,396 Posts
I finally, after many moons, bolted mine down to try it out. I have a project where I can't wait to do my hydro conversion, so I wanted to use it manually for at least a little while. I didn't want to drill holes in my garage floor (because this is temporary, and I didn't know for sure where to put it without running the risk of turning my floor into swiss cheese) so I got a big piece of 1/4" plate steel (like 48 x 96 from the piles at work), welded 3/4" bolts to it, and bolted my bender pedestal (flat plate w/ 4" pipe vertically to a square tube that the jd2 frame bolts to) to it. By bolting it to the plate, and also standing on the same plate, you and the bender are resisting each other on the same surface. This so far is working pretty good for a temporary, and somewhat mobile solution for mounting. Again, not the greatest, but workable for now.

Just another twist on a hot topic...

HTH

Chad

1 - 8 of 8 Posts