..for a 258 head swap.

·
Premium Member
18,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
It's not just the newer head that makes the extra power. It's the re-timed cam (retarded so they could do away with the EGR valve and knock sensor and move the power curve higher so it makes more HP at higher RPM), bigger injectors (pump up a Renix rig by just sticking HO injectors in), larger throttle body (more air equals more power), raised intake ports (if you port the stock Renix head correctly, you can get close to the same flow numbers) which is the only real benefit to the HO head.
The HO head by itself was tested (with everything else Renix) to be @15 HP boost. The HO injectors made @20 HP boost. Larger bored stock throttle body made about 10 HP boost on the Renix, but it whistles.

·
Premium Member
18,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bump

·
Premium Member
18,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bump

·
Premium Member
18,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
?

·
Premium Member
18,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cooooooome onnnnnnn

·
Premium Member
18,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
..since I'm about to go to bed, and most of you haven't even logged on yet...

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
too many overseas scams have burnt people, so they probably won't respond.

·
Premium Member
18,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
too many overseas scams have burnt people, so they probably won't respond.
It's not overseas. My address is a United States Federal Post Office box.
Not to mention, I pay with Paypal. Plus, I've bought enough shit off people on this site that I can produce referrences, should it come to that.

..BTW, I appreciate the bumpage, but why do you spend so much time lurking the wanted ad's and getting dudes' hopes all up when you aren't trying to get rid of what they're hunting?

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Actually I was checking to see if you really wanted a header (or a stock manifold) and what year. FYI I've sold several Renix stock manifolds (here and other places)
Some people look for the wrong thing and I ask questions to clarify. Most of the time people are too far away for me to deal with so they don't bother.

·
Premium Member
18,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, I actually have a couple of stock manifolds, one HO, one Renix. ..I'm not sure which will fit better in my application, and the HO is slightly cracked, which is why I'm trying to find a good deal on an header.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts