Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jeep Jamboree USA (JJUSA) is searching for experienced Trail Guides for corporate trips on the Rubicon Trail this summer (August & September 2008). Must have the following requirements:

1) Rubicon Trail experience (must have driven the Rubicon Trail at least 5 times)

2) The ability to guide (stock Jeep vehicles) over difficult obstacles.

3) Must know how to use a winch, tow strap, hi-lift, etc.

4) Professional Attitude.

5) Hard worker - long days on the trail.

6) Have the abilitiy to rock roll.

7) Must have a patience with participants.

JJUSA is looking to hired a total of (6) Trail Guides for this summer. If you're interested in becoming a JJUSA Trail Guide on the Rubicon, please mail a (1) page respond to this post on "why you would like to become a JJUSA Trail Guide on the Rubicon Trail". Please mail the (1) page response to:

Jeep Jamboree USA
Attn: Pearse Umlauf
PO Box 1601
Georgetown, CA 95634

This is NOT a volunteer position...Trail Guides are paid, with all meals included.

An interview and references will be required before hiring. The standards for this Trail Guide position are very high are JJUSA is very selective.

Thank you!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Pearse,

If you post up the dates of the trips I might be able to try and swing it. I've rock rolled for JJUSA for the last 3 years, but usually only for the public trip. Although, 2 years ago I did help you out with the JK launch and the MTA trip. So let me know what dates you're looking for and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks,

Ron

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
How much work are you looking for in "August and September"? Three days a week, five days a week, seven? Is it a part time or full time deal?

·
Registered
15,362 Posts
Mr. Umlauf can you tell me why hummer donates more $$ to the rubicon trail in order to keep it open then jeep does yet jeep uses the name rubicon and holds jamborees (from your site "then manufacturer of Jeep vehicles — became involved with the adventure") every year on the trail? I can only imagine the profits jeep makes off using the name rubicon, I dont mean to be rude but since you decided to come to pirate and make this your first post i thought it would be a great opportunity to call jeep on this. looking forward to your reply, although im betting i dont get one:(

·
Premium Member
8,196 Posts
Mr. Umlauf can you tell me why hummer donates more $$ to the rubicon trail in order to keep it open then jeep does yet jeep uses the name rubicon and holds jamborees (from your site "then manufacturer of Jeep vehicles — became involved with the adventure") every year on the trail? I can only imagine the profits jeep makes off using the name rubicon, I dont mean to be rude but since you decided to come to pirate and make this your first post i thought it would be a great opportunity to call jeep on this. looking forward to your reply, although im betting i dont get one:(
Your asking the wrong person that question. You would need to ask Jeep that question, not Jeep Jamboree USA.

Mr. Umlauf, I'd recommend clicking the link below this post, and email some I4WDTA Certified Trainers.

·
Premium Member
4,468 Posts
wow! this would be something I would love to do. I am kinda young (22 in a couple weeks) But next year would definitely be interested! can you PM me with more details and what the pay would be?

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts
what's the pay?
In reality it is part time, long hours, low pay, good food and alot of fun. Don't do it for the money.:homer:

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
dream job for a single guy, unfortunately....

well not really unfortunately but in this case I guess

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
wish I could do it but......

This could be the second coolest job in the world. Kevin the cartakers being first.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts