Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My roomates dad asked me if i wanted to make some money on installing a lift for him on a 95 Wrangler ( just got a job and looking to make some $$ for x-mas). I noticed in the catalog he showed me ( Quadratrec-Jeep Essentials ) that most of the 3.5" box kits seemed overpriced. He's basically looking for some lift and a better ride. Where can i get a decent set of 4 3.5" springs a T case lowering kit and track bar relocaters for a good price. Sorry if this seems :rainbow: If need be go ahead and move it to the newbie section. I guess let the flaming begin.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
the bds kit is pretty good from jdsoffroad. however lift kits and better ride quality dont normaly go hand in hand;)

·
Registered
192 Posts
get on ebay. search for a rough country 3.5 inch kit. i paid 350 for mine, shipping was like 30. the kit came with lift springs, shocks, hardware and all bushings needed, t case drop kit, drop pitman arm, and a good set of instruction. oh yeah it has extensions for brake line mounts. I got about 4 inche sof lift out of this kit and it has stayed at 4 inches for a few months now. Only complaint, a little rough onthe road, and the shocks need to be about an inch longer, you wil get like 5 inches of up travel ont he shock when sitting on the road, but u will also have plenty of droop. IF ya ned pics, just PM me. We installed my kit in 6 hours without airtools

·
Registered
582 Posts
forget the track bars I lost mine when the lift went on didn't notice

just keep the swaybars and get discos

·
Registered
604 Posts
If you want to piece one together, TeraFlex springs and Rusty's springs are supposed to be pretty soft, not as harsh.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Your safest bet would be get a set of 2.5" leaf springs and good shocks, then relocate the brake hardlines and toss the trackbars.

·
Registered
28,619 Posts
yep, toss the track bars.

you need springs, shocks, brake extensions, drop pitman arm and wd40.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I see people running waggy springs left and right SOA, but what about using them spring under for a cheap 2" lift? If they ride any better then the AAL I have in the rear, I might be looking into them. Right now, I get my face planted into the steering wheel if I hit a speed bump straight on at anything over 5 mph.

PS: pb blaster owns wd40, but jb80 owns pb blaster any day:D

·
Registered
28 Posts
When you guys tossed the trackbars did you end up with any steering related problems? bumpsteer? or did you compensate with a different steering setup.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I'm running no trackbars, and it doesn't affect steering at all, on a leaf sprung vehicle anyway. Some people think that chucking the front one makes it weird, but they are :rainbow:. Loose um both, and if the front makes it feel to unstable, then put it back on. I don't know where they are coming from personally, I couldn't tell the difference on or off.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts