Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i have a chevy 208...slip yoked and weak outputs, sucks. The jeep208 has 32 spline outputs and fixed yoke. Is there anyway to mix and match parts from the jeep208 to the chevy208?

Or has anyone done this before?

Is there a kit for a conversion to 32 spline outputs and fixed yoke on a chevy208?

If you could convert a chevy208 to 32 spline outputs and fixed yoke, that would make for a pretty low t/case gearing and VERY strong t/case.

anyone done it before????????????????

·
Registered
219 Posts
The Chevy 208 has a 32 spline front output already. The rear slip is also 32 spline so not sure what your talking about. I'm personally not sure if the Jeep 208 rear can be swapped in but I wouldn't doubt it can be done. I too like the 208 a lot. Its a good light, and fairly strong T-case. I just wish they made some aftermarket parts for it.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Sorry OS,But Jeff do you have and pics of your S-15?My buddy just started a S-10 Blazer project.We put a FF 14bolt in the rear today and the front is getting a D44 on leaves.Thanks Cheepin:D

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i see that your running the np208 off of the 700r4 auto tranny...im running it off of an sm465, right now the np208 is in storage space....and i haven't had too much time to really take a look at it, will there be a difference in outputs on a np208 off of an automatic vs. an np208 off of a standard???

thanks

·
Registered
219 Posts
I do not know for certian. If I had to give you a educated guess, I would say its very doubtful that they are different.

·
Registered
354 Posts
As soon as I can find one of each I plan to be able to tell you for sure

·
Registered
14 Posts

i've got all 3 208's. the jeep one i have is out of an 1981 J-10 . it has like a 24 spline input and 32 spline outputs. i have one from a 700R that i just replaced with a T400 208 combo. any way the 700R 208 is a 27 spline input. the T400 i have now is 32 spline input and out put. one of my friends has a ford 208 behind his np435 4 speed and it has a fixed rear yoke like the jeep but i don't know what the input spline count is so maby a ford guy can chime in here.i've yet to pull my T400 - 208 mainshaft and compair it to the jeep one but i've ponder on shortenong the one for the T400 to match the jeep 208 shaft and have it resplined and drilled and tapped to accept my jeep rear housing and yoke.
i would be real interested in the ford one if it were 32 spline it would probably make things a lot easier.
later,
Jerry

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
guess you didn't read anything in that thread, one guy talked about that it sucks that the np208 doesn't have any aftermarket parts...and another guy talked about

"i've yet to pull my T400 - 208 mainshaft and compair it to the jeep one but i've ponder on shortenong the one for the T400 to match the jeep 208 shaft and have it resplined and drilled and tapped to accept my jeep rear housing and yoke.
i would be real interested in the ford one if it were 32 spline it would probably make things a lot easier. "

nothing about the chevy 208 with an aftermarket sye, or anyone that fabbed up their own...dont have the time or the tools to fab up my own sye for it, i was looking to see if anyone knew of a aftermarket sye or had already fabbed one up and could tell me how they did it so i could take it to someone that could do it for me.

thanks for finding my other post though
:rolleyes:

·
Poseur SUV
23,695 Posts
snoop dogg said:

thanks for finding my other post though
:rolleyes:
next time just bring your old thread back up to the top instead of asking the same question in a new one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts