Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
I am in the middle of fitting my radiator and shrouded electric fans in my 360 swapped CJ. A radiator from the FSJ that had the 360 in it fits with just a bit of trimming. You can cut out a bit of the rear of the grill and it slides right in. It keeps the filler in the correct spot and is a good 30% larger. You might have to make a bracket for the side mounts, but I think it is worth it to be able to run one off the shelf. It is the correct radiator for my motor, and is available from nearly any auto parts store. Should be easy to get an aftermarket aluminum for it also if you just have it made to wagoneer or J series mounting specs. One other nice thing is it has the trans cooler built in. You can use this as a steering or oil cooler also.

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rokcrler, that may be what I just took out. I bought the correct radiator from an offroad shop, but the original electric fan got some slack and took out some of the radiator. I put in a Taurus fan and never took out the other electric fan. Just seeing if there was a cheaper way to go.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
When i did my AMC 360 swap, i just used a 3core HD from advance auto, running the engine fan it stayed aroung 185* now with the one listed(#350R) for the Mopar360, running a 16" elect. it runs about 190*, now i run a 16" puller offset to driver side, and a 14" pusher offset to pass side with trany cooler next to it. Running straight water it never gets above 180* all day long.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts