Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 YJ I'm getting ready to put a stroker in. Stroker was built to the low budget rockcrawler design, which I believe is 240hp and 300 something torque. Its a Ax-15 5 speed, question is....is all I have to do is put injectors in this thing and call it good, I've got some varying answers on whether or not the stock fuel pump and mainly the stock computer will handle this. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
97 Posts
what #hr injectors do you wanna run, 24 or 26, which brand and what are the mods you have done to your stroker.

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
I have a 95 YJ I'm getting ready to put a stroker in. Stroker was built to the low budget rockcrawler design, which I believe is 240hp and 300 something torque. Its a Ax-15 5 speed, question is....is all I have to do is put injectors in this thing and call it good, I've got some varying answers on whether or not the stock fuel pump and mainly the stock computer will handle this. Thanks in advance
Just put some 26'ers in there and go with it. Nothing else should be needed. If you want a piece of mind, borrow a wide ban O-2 senser with guage and see where its at while driving. You might have to step up to premium fuel to control any ping.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've heard about the wide band 02 sensors, do u splice into existing 02 sensor or do u use one with the kit? Thanks

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
I've heard about the wide band 02 sensors, do u splice into existing 02 sensor or do u use one with the kit? Thanks
NO. completely stand alone. Its used mostly for tuning/monitoring engine condition. There are units out there that plug into a pure stand alone ECM, but now your talking about serious money. Basically throwing out the stock ECM and going with a pure programmable after market unit.

EDIT: basically still run the OEM O-2 in its factory location for ECM duties. The wide band would be mounted a bit more down stream just before your cat. Then with the guage, you can just monitor your AFR's to make sure your running in safe conditions. You really want at least a 14:1 AFR in a normally aspirated engine under full load. Forced induction is a minumum of 13.4:1 AFR, but you really want to see as low as 12:1 in forced induction for best HP out put.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts